Home > Accident in public > Wet & uneven floor claims
yellow caution wet floor sign next to flight of stairs

Wet and uneven floor accident claims solicitors

Our accident claim solicitors are experts in helping individuals who have been injured with compensation claims. Call us now on freephone 0800 083 5045 or use the following form to tell us about your child’s accident and we will call you.

Request a callback

Provide your details and a legal expert will be in touch shortly.

Request a callback

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

According to HSE, slips and trips remain the single most common cause of major injury in UK workplaces.

But they do not only cause a hazard to employees. Every member of the public can get injured because of a slippery surface or an uneven floor.*

Our leading accident claims solicitors are here to help you claim the compensation you deserve. If you have been injured due to a wet, slippery or uneven floor, contact us today for free legal advice from our expert solicitors.

No Win No Fee wet and uneven floor accident claim solicitors

Almost all of our wet or uneven floor accident cases are conducted on a No Win No Fee basis, meaning we only take a fee if we win compensation on your behalf, therefore there is no financial risk to you.

Wet or uneven floor accidents explained

Every business owner has a duty of care towards its employees and customers and it has to keep its premises in line with the guidelines set by the Health and Safety Executive:

  • Hazards or spillages have to be cleared quickly.
  • Hazards or spillages have to be marked.

If your accident was caused due to someone else’s negligence, contact us to establish your full legal position.

Most common causes of wet and uneven floor accidents

Slips and trips due to uneven or wet floors are nothing unusual and we often help clients with the following accidents:

  • Slips: where spilled liquids have not been cleaned in time, e.g. in the bathroom, the showers, the supermarket or another public area.
  • Trips: where the floor or steps were uneven and the management failed to repair it in time or put warning signs up.

These accidents can cause different injuries, such as:

What can I claim for?

If you have been injured and it was due to someone else’s negligence, you can claim compensation for the following:

  • Pain and suffering
  • Loss of earnings
  • Physiotherapy

I slipped on a spillage on the terrace of a restaurant. Can I claim compensation?

If the management failed to either close off the terrace, remove the spillage or put warning signs up, you might be able to claim compensation. Contact us now to establish your full legal position.

I stumbled over a pothole in the street. Can I claim compensation?

Yes, you might be able to claim compensation from the local council, however it depends on if they were negligent or not.

How much can I claim for a wet or uneven floor accident?

It completely depends on your injury and the impact it has on your life. If the injury was caused due to someone else’s negligence, your claim for pain and suffering could be worth several thousands of pounds. For more information call us on freephone 0800 083 5045 or try our online claims calculator.

Find out how much your claim is worth within minutes.

Contact us on 0800 083 5045

Our support centre opening hours

  • Weekdays: 08:00 - 20:00
  • Saturdays: 09:00 - 17:00

Existing customer

If you would like to speak to us about your existing claim, contact us on

0800 083 5045

Are you ready to start your claim? Call us free on 0800 083 5045