According to the 2018 State of the UK Fitness Industry Report, one in every 7 people in the UK has a gym membership and there are over 7000 gyms across the UK.*
Our leading gym accident claims solicitors are here to help you claim the compensation you deserve. If you have been injured in gym due to someone else’s negligence, contact us today for free legal advice from our expert solicitors.
No Win No Fee gym accident claim solicitors
Almost all of our gym accident cases are conducted on a No Win No Fee basis, meaning we only take a fee if we win compensation on your behalf. This means there is no financial risk to you.
Gym accidents explained
Accidents in the sanitary facilities of a gym aren’t uncommon. These areas are frequently used and usually have to be cleaned multiple times a day to avoid slippery surfaces. But also all other areas of the gym have to be kept in a safe condition and in line with the guidelines set by the Health and Safety Executive:
- Hazards or spillages have to be cleared quickly.
- Hazards or spillages have to be marked.
- Equipment that could cause harm has to be maintained properly.
If your accident was caused due to someone else’s negligence, contact us to establish your full legal position.
Most common causes and types gym accidents
There are different ways you or your child can get injured during school or in a sports club. Most commonly, we help customers with the following accidents:
- Slips: where spilled liquids haven’t been cleaned in time, e.g. in the bathroom, the showers or the gym area.
- Trips: where training equipment hasn’t been stored away properly and creates a tripping hazard.
- Defective sports equipment: where sports equipment wasn’t properly maintained.
These and other accidents can cause different injuries, such as:
- Head injuries, caused by slipping or falling
- Foot, knee and leg injuries, caused by incorrect advice by a personal trainer
- Arm, wrist or shoulder injuries, caused by badly maintained equipment.
What can I claim for?
If you experienced an injury from an accident in a gym and it was due to someone else’s negligence, you can claim compensation for the following:
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of earnings
I signed a waiver. Can I still claim compensation for an accident?
Waivers protect the operator of a gym or other sports facility against being sued by anyone who accidentally injures themselves whilst on the premises. However, a waiver isn’t a substitute for the duty of care which every business has towards its customers. If you have been injured due to someone else’s negligence, contact us to establish your full legal position.
How much can I claim for a gym accident?
It completely depends on your injury and the impact it has on your life. If the injury was caused due to someone else’s negligence, your claim for pain and suffering could be worth several thousands of pounds. For more information call us on freephone 0800 083 5045 or try our online claims calculator.