The risks of accidents at work can be reduced – Workplace injury lawyers in Rolvenden
The aim of the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) is to reduce the number of accidents at work, and they have been striving to achieve this for the last 20 years. They have achieved some success and the accident rates have dropped, but still sometimes employers are negligent and employees get injured.
All employers have a legal duty to protect the health and safety of their employees while they are at work and most of the time, most of them do. Just sometimes though, things go wrong and if an employee is injured through the fault of their employer, they may want to speak with workplace injury lawyers in Rolvenden about making a personal injury claim.
Workplace injury lawyers in Rolvenden talk about the precautions employers should take
HSE has a very friendly user website that has all the health and safety rules and regulations in detail, general ones as well as trade specific ones. HSE monitor business to make sure they are complying, and employers that are not face stiff penalties.
One of their obligations is to have employers liability insurance, and if HSE find they do not have this they can be fined up to £2500 for each day they are without it. Some of their other responsibilities are:
- Having regular fire drills
- Having procedure in place in case of an emergency situation
- Carrying out risk assessments and acting on the findings
- Having a health and safety policy and making sure it is adhered to
- Ensuring all plant and equipment is in proper working order and has the relevant safety guards fitted
- Making sure staff are trained adequately to use the plant and equipment
- Keeping a record of all accidents
- Reporting serious accidents to HSE
- Keeping all walkways free of spillages and obstructions
- Making sure staff have enough room to work in without excessive twisting and turning
- Supplying any protective clothing and equipment the staff need, at no charge to them
If all employers followed all the rules, there would be a lot less accidents in workplaces and a lot less employees contacting workplace injury lawyers in Rolvenden to make personal injury claims.
Risk assessments sound expensive and you expect them to be reams of paper that are only understood by the person that wrote it. But that need not be the case. All that needs to be done is the employers to go through their business premises looking for hazards. They need to write them down when they identify them, together with the action that has been taken to try and eradicate them, or reduce the risk attached to them at least. It sometimes helps if they involve employees in this process, as they might spot something that is not so obvious to the employer.
Making a work related claim
If you do find yourself needing to make a work related injury claim, you should contact Accident Advice Helpline for the help and support you will need. We are experts in personal injury claims, it is all we have done for the last 13 years and we have amassed a wealth of experience and knowledge about making claims.