Employers’ Liability compensation claim in Ottery St Mary
A workplace accident in Ottery St Mary could easily mean that you are entitled to make a compensation claim.
Employers duties to their employees
Employers have a legal duty to protect the health and safety of their staff in the workplace. They also have to ensure the safety of any visitors to their premises such as customers, suppliers or the general public. Your employer must:
- Make the workplace safe and prevent risks to health
- Make sure plant and equipment are safe to use
- Make sure working practices are set up and followed
- Make sure that all materials are stores, handled and used safely
- Provide adequate first aid facilities
- Let you know about potential hazard in your job and give you information and training as needed
- Set up emergency plans
- Make sure that ventilation, temperature, lighting, toilet, washing and rest facilities all meet health and safety requirements
- Prevent or control exposure to dangerous substances
- Take precautions against the risks involved because of flammable or explosive hazards, electrical equipment, noise or radiation
- Avoid potentially dangerous work involving handling and if this is not possible take precautions to reduce the risk of injury
- Provide health supervision as needed
- Provide protective clothing or equipment free of charge
- Ensure the correct warning signs are in place
- Report serious accidents to the Health and Safety Executive
If your employer does everything they should and you still have an accident at work you make be entitled to make a compensation claim in Ottery St Mary.
As an employee you also have a duty to look after your own wellbeing and that of your colleagues. If you think you employer is not carrying out their health and safety responsibilities, you should report them to HSE; you cannot be disciplined for doing this.
Making a compensation claim for a workplace accident in Ottery St Mary
So the employer meets their legal duties, the employee’s meet their legal duties, and an accident still happens that results in injuries. The employee involved would be able to make a compensation claim Ottery St Mary, providing that the accident was not their fault.
Employers’ Liability insurance
Most employers, there are a few exceptions, have to have Employers Liability insurance with a minimum cover of £5,000,000.
If an accident happened in the workplace it would be an insurance company that pays out the claim, not your employer.
Making your compensation claim for you
Any type of accident can be traumatic enough on its own without then having he stress of making a personal injury compensation claim.
Accident Advice Helpline will make your compensation claim in Ottery St Mary for you.
We are experts in dealing with accidents of all types, of making sure our customers get the best service possible as well as getting them a fair amount of compensation for the injuries and losses or costs associated with the accident.
Call our advisers on 0800 689 0500, and get free advice from them about the way forward.
Date Published: 12th August 2013