How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Workplace accident claims

    Workplace accident claims advice

    Accident Advice Helpline are accident management specialists. One of the areas we have expertise in is workplace accident claims.

    We have been in business since 2000, since which we have helped thousands of victims of personal injury caused by accidents in the workplace. Don’t take our word for it, read through the testimonials of our happy clients. Even consumer champion Esther Rantzen recommends our services.

    Many people are uncomfortable about making workplace accident claims, they fear they are betraying their employer or may be worried about repercussions at work. However it is your legal right to have a safe work environment. Making workplace accident claims is not only important to compensate you for your injuries and financial loses, but it will also raise awareness for your employer to take more care regarding health and safety issues. It could prevent further accidents in the future.

    If you have suffered a personal injury in the workplace accident claims specialists, the Accident Advice Helpline will appoint you a solicitor who has experience in dealing with similar cases and has a proven track record.

    How to go about making workplace accident claims

    For your personal injury claim to be successful and in order to receive the maximum compensation it is important that you have some evidence to prove your claim.

    Open Claim Calculator

    The workplace accident should have been reported to your manager and preferably health and safety officer. If you are a member of a trade union then it is also worth reporting the accident to your representative.

    There should also be a written record of your accident at your workplace. This could either be in the form of an entry in the Accident Book, or a written statement detailing the event, which your manager should have a copy of.

    Medical records

    A record of the accident and the injuries you sustained should be with GP or local accident and emergency department. It is also important that you also go back to your doctor if the injuries are not improving or getting worse. Keep your own record of dates, symptoms, diagnosis and treatment. Remember that its not just physical injuries you can claim compensation for but psychological injuries too.

    Making a claim for compensation

    If you decide you would like to claim compensation for your workplace accident claims solicitors will be able to take on your case for you. They will initially write to the negligent party and inform them of your decision to claim compensation and asking to admit fault. The negligent party will then have a chance to investigate the claims and reply to your solicitor.

    If fault is admitted then the claim can be handled quite smoothly, with the main issue being to negotiate a settlement amount. In the case of the claim being disputed then it may take longer to resolve. It may be required that the case is taken to court. However do not worry as your solicitor will keep you informed and in the majority of cases your attendance at court is not required.

    So for expert legal advice about a possible claim call Accident Advice Helpline today on: 0800 689 0500 from a landline or: 0333 500 0993 from a mobile.

    Date Published: 2nd December 2012

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.