Injuries sustained in the workplace can have a life changing impact on people’s lives. There are so many things that can go wrong in all the various different working environments that accidents are inevitable. Employers and employees can follow all the correct health and safety laws and do their best to avoid accidents but sadly they still happen.
Sometimes an accident is just that an accident but in most cases there is someone to blame for the accident, someone who did not do the correct checks and has been negligent, making you entitled to make a workplace accident claim in West Devon. There are so many kinds of injuries that you could get from an accident at work such as:
- Whiplash, this is when your head is thrown forwards, backwards and sideways with a jolt such as a fall damaging your neck area.
- Broken Bones, your body has 206 bones that you can break with ever an open fracture or a closed fracture.
- Torn ligaments, this can be very painful and leave the area immobile until it heals.
- Cuts and Bruises, these can be simple and mild but also a lot more serious needing stitches, leaving scaring and sometimes disfiguration, especially if sustained on your face.
- Trauma/Emotional scaring, this can have a long term effect on a person as they can become very depressed be afraid to go back to work. It can lead to other symptoms such as lack of sleep and lost appetite.
- Head or brain injuries, any bang on the head should have medical attention as you cannot see internal bleeding which is untreated can lead to brain damage. A blow to the head can cause a person log term headaches, dizziness and nausea.
The list of possible injuries could go on and on with foot injuries, hands, eyes, ears etc….
All of the above injuries could mean you have to take time off work, need extra help with the household chores, possibly extra help with childcare such as someone to take the children to school and depending on your injury you may need personal care for yourself. This can affect the whole family as injuries can put a financial strain on the family’s income and put a great deal of emotional stress on all of you.
However there is help out there you do not have to go through this alone you could get help for all of the financial worry. If the accident was someone else’s fault and you are blameless. It happened in the last three years and you had to receive medical treatment for your injuries you could make a workplace accident claim in West Devon through Accident Advice Helpline’s team.
To make a workplace accident claim in West Devon
Call Accident Advice Helpline on the free phone number 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile phone, or complete one of our online options.
Date Published: 8th September 2014
Author: David Brown