Work accident insurance

Claim Now

If you work abroad for your company check your employers work accident insurance

Since 1969 every company employing staff in England and Wales must provide employers liability work accident insurance for their employees. There is an exception to this and it is something as an employee you may need to check.

The law surrounding employer’s liability insurance is fairly straight forward as far as the law can be straight forward. It is an insurance that employers must provide for employees should they have an accident whilst working in their job, sometimes it is known as work accident insurance.

Whilst the law is straight forward regarding work accident insurance some insurance companies like to complicate things around employer’s liability insurance by trying to not pay out on claims made by employers. Sometimes some not so reputable insurance companies try and avoid paying for certain events but it is actually illegal they try and say they are not liable to pay out on work accident insurance if

Insurers cannot refuse to pay compensation purely because:

  • Employers have not provided reasonable protection for their employees against injury or disease;
  • Employers do not keep specified records or cannot provide the insurer with information from those records;
  • Employers have done something they told employees not to do (for example, said it was the employers fault);
  • Employers have not done something they told employers to do (for example, report the incident); or
  • Employers have not met any legal requirement connected with protection of the employees

These are worth noting if for example the employer says the insurance company has cited these reasons why they cannot compensate the employee. The insurance company can still and should pay out in these circumstances

One of the main reasons employers do not have to have work accident insurance is if the employee works abroad for the company. The UK based company is not under any obligation if for example the employee works in an office abroad for the company to provide UK work accident insurance. If the employee spends 14 days or less abroad in any given year work accident insurance must be provided if they work abroad more than this then no such obligation exists. This means employees may not be covered if they have an accident at work. This should be checked by employees who spend time working offshore or in foreign offices of their UK companies.

Companies like Accident Advice Helpline work with individuals who have had an accident whilst at work and are connected with legal experts who can offer guidance in the process of an accident at work compensation claim. For most potential claimants they will not be in this situation. Claiming compensation for individuals who work abroad can be done but is a little more complex. For most potential clients the claims are much more straight forward. A quick call using AAH Freephone number 0800 689 0500 or from your mobile on 0333 500 0993 and within minutes can be on the road to a successful compensation claim.


  • Was this Helpful ?
  • Yes   No

How much you could claim?

Two QUICK ways to find:
  1. Call us at 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from your mobile OR
  2. Use our Claim Calculator

Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

Claim Calculator
Find out in 30 seconds how much YOU could claim...
  • Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Terms and Conditions*Required

Can I Claim?

Esther says "The law states that if you’ve been injured and someone else is to blame, you are entitled to compensation." Read more >

Claim Calculator ► Accident Types ►

How Much Could I Claim?

It only takes 30 seconds to find out how much compensation you could receive. Take the 30 second test now.>

30 Second test ► Claim Form ►

Why Choose Us?

"When they say they are 100% no-win, no-fee*, they mean it. I would recommend Accident Advice Helpline to anybody." Read more >

No-Win, No-Fee*? ► Testimonials ►

Claim Now

"They were ever so professional ... they knew exactly what I was going through ... I received over £4500." Read more >

Claim Form ► Call Me Back ►
Is there anything wrong with this page? ( Help us Improve )