How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Work accident claims solicitors

    How can work accident claims solicitors help if I have had an accident at work?

    Everyone has the right to work in a safe environment. All employers are legally required to provide a safe place to work. Health and safety laws should be followed and adequate training and equipment should be provided.

    However, due to carelessness and disregard for the law, accidents, which are often preventable do occur. If you had a work accident, claims solicitors specialising in personal injury can help you recover the money owed to you for your financial losses and to compensate you for your injuries.

    Accident Advice Helpline receives hundreds of calls with regards to personal injuries they have suffered as a result of an accident at work. Below, we have answered some of the most frequently asked questions.

    Qu.      Who should I report my accident at work to?

    Ans.    As soon as possible, you should report your accident, preferably immediately after the accident. You should report the accident to your team leader or manager. If you have a designated health and safety officer at your workplace then you should also report the accident to them.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Your workplace should have an accident book. Record the accident accurately in the book. If you are a member of a union, then you should report the accident to your union representative.

    If you decide to claim compensation then work accident claims solicitors will require that you have reported the accident to the relevant people at work, this will assist your claim.

    Qu.      I am worried about making a compensation claim for my accident at work, will I get in trouble?

    Ans.    If your employer has failed to provide a safe workplace and you have injured yourself as a result, then you are entitled to compensation. Do not worry about the repercussions; you are entitled to claim compensation for your injuries. Also, in most cases, your employer will have insurance to cover them in such events, the money for compensation will rarely come directly from the employer.

    Qu.      My accident at work was over 2 years ago, can I still make a claim for compensation?

    Ans.    You have 3 years from the date of your accident, or from the date you were aware you were injured in which you can make a claim. It is important that the accident is reported to the relevant authorities in your workplace and that you have sought medical attention. If you have any further questions regarding your work accident, claims solicitors will be able to assist you and answer any further questions.

    Qu.      I had an accident at work, how much can I expect to claim in compensation?

    Ans.    The amount of compensation you can expect to claim is dependent on how serious your injuries are and how they affect your daily life. The amount of time you had off work and any other financial loses will also be taken into consideration. Work accident claims solicitors will be able to calculate the figure you can expect and will negotiate to win the maximum possible compensation. Call Accident Advice Helpline free on 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile phone for free, no-obligation advice about making a claim.

    Date Published: 2nd December 2012

    Author: Louise Thacker

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.