Tips for bone fracture recovery, from a no win no fee* Rustington based lawyer
A fracture is a broken bone, so it is important that you take care of your fracture and do everything you can to recover quickly and well, so that you get full use of whatever you have fractured. If a fracture is not taken care of properly, it could lead to future problems and even limit your mobility in the future. Here are some tips to follow to heal quickly and easily from your fracture.
- Keep your cast in good condition. This will help to prevent any infection and make sure that the cast is up to the job of supporting your bone while it heals.
- Don’t skip therapy. Physiotherapy can be painful and difficult, which is why anyone recovering from a fracture would love to avoid it. But your physiotherapy is there to make sure that you heal properly and regain full use of that part of your body. If you don’t attend your sessions then you may be letting yourself in for years of more pain, rather than just a few sessions.
- Be careful with moving around. Remember that you have an injury so you need to take care of it and not damage yourself any further. If you can get a wheelchair, cane, crutch or something else to help you with walking then do this.
- Take your medication. Any medication you have been prescribed will be there to help with your healing, so don’t forget to take your medication. If you are experiencing any particularly bad side effects then you should tell your doctor to see if there is an alternative. But don’t just come off of medication if you feel that it is not agreeing with you.
- Know your limits. Even when you feel that you are recovering well, know the new limits of your body and observe how you are feeling at all times. If you are feeling too strained, or more pain than you should, slow down or stop.
To make a claim, you can either fill out the short online claim form, and one of our highly-trained advisers will be in touch to progress your claim. Alternatively, you can call our advice line on the number at the top of the screen to speak to a no win no fee* Rustington based legal expert.
Once you have spoken with our professional advisers, your case will be passed to an expert ‘no win, no fee*’ Rustington based lawyer specialising in your accident type. Working on a ‘no win, no fee*’ basis, they will progress the case on your behalf, and you will likely not need to attend court, although you may need to attend one medical assessment. From your point of view, all stress is taken out of the claims process, allowing you to progress your entitlement for compensation with minimum fuss and total peace of mind.