There are hundreds of thousands of road traffic accidents every year on UK roads. Motorbikes account for 1% of all the traffic on our roads, but are involved in 20% of the accidents and the majority of time they are not the fault of the motorbike rider.
The usual excuse from other road users is that they did not see the motorbike until it was too late to stop, but a lot of the accidents are caused by things other than another vehicle, such as potholes and bad road surfaces.
Motorbike riders are very vulnerable in an accident because they do not have the protection around them that a car gives, and this can lead to some of their injuries being very serious.
Making a no win, no fee* in Cockerham claim if you have been in a motorbike accident that was not your fault
If you are a motorbike rider that has been injured in an accident that was not your fault, some time in the last three years, you may be entitled to make a no win no fee* in Cockerham claim and should contact our lawyers.
There are some precautions you can take to try and reduce the risk of serious injury in a motorbike accident:Open Claim Calculator
– Wearing a good quality, well fitting helmet. This will reduce the risk of you sustaining a head injury by 50%, although you should be aware that still 80% of deaths from motorbike accidents are because of head and brain injuries.
– Wearing leather clothing and gloves will help protect you against such conditions as road rash and a pair of good boots will protect your feet and ankles.
If in spite of wearing all the correct protective clothing, you are injured in an accident that was not your fault, our lawyers can help with your personal no win no fee* in Cockerham injury claim.
Making your motorbike accident claim
Who your motorbike accident claim is made against will depend on what caused the accident. It could be:
- A motor insurance company if the fault was that of another road user
- The Motor Insurers Bureau of that driver was uninsured
- A local council if it was a pothole that had not been repaired
- A manufacturer if it was because of a defect on your bike
- A farmer if it is because of one of his animals
- A building company if it happened when travelling behind one of their vehicles that started to shed its load of gravel
These are just a few samples of accidents that could cause you injuries that you need to make a personal injury claim for, and why you should be talking to Accident Advice Helpline about the compensation you deserve.
Whatever the cause or whoever caused it, the accident will not be a problem for Accident Advice Helpline. Since being established in 2000, we have dealt with many thousands of personal injury compensation claims, and have the expertise you need on your side to deal with large organisations.
You can make contact with us through our website on our 30-second test, or you can phone our freephone number, 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile phone, to speak to an adviser.