No win no fee* Cobham claims
Although less than half of faultless victims make a personal injury claim, most people are aware that they can do so. Not many understand that it is a legal right, that the law says the guilty party should pay, and because of the no win no fee* agreement, there is no reason not to claim the compensation due.
What some do not realise is that the same law applies to the victim of a violent crime, the main difference being the time limit for making the claim. This is only 2 years, not 3.
No win no fee* Cobham lawyers can help you with a criminal injury compensation claim, just like all other injury compensation claims, providing you fit the criteria.
The Criminal Injury Compensation Authority (CICA) produce a booklet which tells you about your eligibility to make a claim under their criteria, which is:
- You have been unsuccessful in obtaining compensation from your assailant
- The crime took place within the last two years
- You reported it to the police
- You helped the police with their enquiries
- You were a direct victim of a crime of violence
- You were not to blame for the incident
- You sustained an injury while taking an exceptional and justified risk, while trying to remedy or prevent a crime
- You sustained a mental injury as a result of witnessing or being involved in the immediate aftermath of an incident in which a loved one is injured
- You are the qualifying relative of a victim who has died from injuries caused by a crime of violence
If you were under 18 at the time of the crime, and no one made a claim for you at the time, you have until your 20th birthday to make a compensation claim from the CICA, and ‘no win, no fee*’ Cobham lawyers can help you through the complex process of doing this.Open Claim Calculator
How no win no fee* Cobham lawyers can help with your criminal injury claim
‘No win, no fee*’ Cobham lawyers at Accident Advice Helpline have been making personal injuries claims of all types for the last 14 years. They have successfully handled many thousands of them, and amongst all these claims there has been numerous for criminal injuries.
Accident Advice Helpline has four key principles of business – integrity, reliability, dependability and accountability – all of which ensure that you receive the highest quality service because your needs are out first.
Our lawyers have the expertise and knowledge to give your claim the best chance of success, while ensuring that not just your injuries are claimed for, but the impact they have had on your life, and the recovery of any extra costs and losses you have incurred because of the accident or crime.
Completing the 30-seond test on our website will give you an estimate of the amount you could be awarded. Or call our freephone helpline on 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile phone, and speak to a friendly and sympathetic adviser for all the help and support you will need.