What Special Damages Can you Claim for if you Have Suffered a Whiplash Injury in Kirton in Lindsey?
Making a compensation claim is evidently a primary concern for anyone that has suffered a whiplash injury in Kirton in Lindsey that was not his or her fault. But, did you know that your compensation is actually split into two sections? Not only do you have general damages, which are for your suffering, but you also have special damages. Read on to discover more about this…
What are Special Damages?
This relates to any costs you have encountered as a result of the whiplash injury in Kirton in Lindsey you have experienced. Ask yourself… would I have encountered this expense had I not got injured? If the answer is no you will be able to claim for it.
What are Some Examples of Special Damages?
- Medical costs – prescriptions and such like.
- Travel costs – this can be anything from hospital parking costs to having to sort out alternative transport because you cannot drive whilst recovering.
- Loss of income – Not everyone is covered by sick pay. Are you unemployed? Perhaps you simply do not get this perk at your company? Whatever your circumstance may be, if you have lost income because of the whiplash injury in Kirton in Lindsey you will be able to claim for this as well.
- Childcare expenses – You may need to hire a child minder or someone of a similar profession to look after your children.
- Accommodation costs – Some people need alternative accommodation during the recovery period or they need to make alterations to theirs. If this applies to you, you will be able to claim.
Hopefully that gives you a better idea regarding what special damages are. It is important to keep proof of these expenses – receipts and such like should be kept to show that you did indeed experience the costs you are claiming for.Open Claim Calculator
If you would like to discover more about special damages or if you have suffered a whiplash injury in Kirton in Lindsey and you want to make a claim, get in touch with Accident Advice Helpline today! Here are the details you need…
How to Get in Touch With Us
Call, text or complete the handy 30 second calculator on our website. The details you need are:
Helpline numbers: 0800 689 0500 from a landline, or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile.
You can try the quick and easy 30 second test on our website: http://www.accidentadvicehelpline.co.uk/30-second-test
Or why not text ‘Claim365’ to 88010?