Suffering from a a whiplash injury in Castleton
If you should sustain a whiplash injury in Castleton through no fault of your own, have you considered how this will affect your life? It could mean:
- That you are unable to do everyday tasks for yourself, simple things like getting dressed
- You may not be able to drive
- You may need to lose time from work if you are employed
- It could be that you cannot ride your cycle or motorbike
- Contact sports might be difficult
- Rolling round the floor with the kids would be out of the question
- You might not be able to lift little children, which could be a problem if you are a stay at home parent who looks after the children
- You could find you suddenly have lots of extra expenses because of the accident, and because most of us live from payday to payday, this could cause financial problems
These are just a very few of the ways an injury can affect you life. This is not just for a whiplash injury in Castleton, there are some injuries that are much worse, and the changes much more drastic.
Making someone pay for your whiplash injury in Castleton
All these changes and inconveniences in your life should be compensated for, as well as the pain and suffering you have had to endure. That is why the law says that if you have been:
- Injured because of someone else
- Your injuries needed medical attention, and
- The accident took place within three years
It’s likely you are entitled to make a personal injury claim against whoever was responsible for your situation.
How to make a claim for a whiplash injury in Castleton
Once you know that the rules apply to you, then you need to gather whatever evidence you have to show that you were not to blame for the accident. This could be witness details, photos of the accident scene, and maybe a copy of the accident report produced by the police if they were called.
Of course, none of this will be needed if the other person admits they were to blame, but you would still need medical reports from whoever treated your injuries.
Contact Accident Advice Helpline
We are one of the leaders in the industry with a reputation second-to-none for the high quality service we provide to our claimants. We have over 16 years’ experience of making successful claims behind us. Our online 30-second test will let you know if you qualify for compensation. If you are eligible it will then give you an estimate of how much you could be awarded.
To find out more, call our friendly advisers on our freephone number: 0800 689 0500.Or dial: 0333 500 0993 from a mobile.
Date Published: 24th July 2014