A whiplash injury in Braunton, or any other type of accident anywhere else in the UK, if someone else was to blame, could mean you are entitled to compensation for your pain and suffering, and the repayment of any costs and losses incurred because of the accident.
It is surprising how much expenses mount up after an injury, even a whiplash injury in Braunton. There can be such things as:
- Extra medical expenses. This could be just extra prescription charges for medication you would not otherwise have needed, but it could also be for private medical treatment. There are some treatments that are not available on the NHS, or the wait is too long.
- Travel costs. If your car has been put off the road in an accident, or you injuries are such that you cannot drive, you may still have to attend medical appointments, and could have to use taxis to get there and back.
- Childcare costs. Even on a temporary basis, it could be that you need help with the school runs, or to look after little ones while you recover.
- Care costs. There are many injuries that can make life very difficult, a whiplash injury in Braunton being a typical example. When you cannot dress or undress yourself because of a lack of mobility, or perhaps not take a shower or bath without help, you may need a carer to help with these things. But much worse than that can be the situation after something as severe as brain injuries, where the victim can need 24 hour care, and sometimes spend the rest of their lives in a care home.
- Home adaption costs. This could arise if you have bad leg injuries that mean after the accident you are confined to a wheelchair. You home could need ramps fitting, and a special shower or similar things to make your life more comfortable.
- Funeral and probate costs. In the case of fatal injuries caused by someone else, the bereaved family would be able to claim for these expenses as part of the fatal injury claim.
- Loss of earnings. If the victim of an accident is employed, they could lose income because of time lost from work. If it is the case that they will not be able to return to work in the future, then their potential future earnings can also be claimed for. This would be less for an older person as they would have less working years left.
Any other costs or loss can be recouped as part of the claim, but what victims need to remember is to keep proof of any payments they have made. Usually receipts or credit cars statements will suffice.
Making your claim for a whiplash injury in Braunton
At Accident Advice Helpline, our solicitors will examine every part of your accident and injuries to make sure each thing is claimed for, including the impact the injury has had on your life, and the prospect for your future health.
You can contact us through our user friendly website, or by calling our freephone helpline on 0800 180 4123.
Date Published: 10th July 2014