Although they do not pay road tax or have to be insured, cyclists still have a right to use the roads. Being on a bicycle does not offer much protection if a car or another type of vehicle on the roads hits you, and hopefully you will survive the accident with nothing more than a whiplash injury in Acton.
Cyclists are a common sight in and around the streets of Acton, often classed by motorist as the scourge of the roads with no regard for the Highway Code. Couriers, commuters and tourists alike can be seen on a daily basis weaving in and out of stationary traffic, much to the disgust of many drivers who cannot do the same. As a cyclist, there are a few precautions you can take to help prevent accidents and serious injuries, such as:
- Learn the Highway Code;
- Take a cycling proficiency test;
- Make sure that your bicycle is in a good state of working order;
- Wear the necessary protective clothing, including high visibility clothing and a suitable helmet;
- Do not venture too far into the flow of traffic;
- Do not wear any form of ear piece, especially earphones; and
- Always leave sufficient space when overtaking (at least a car door’s width).
Head injuries are a common injury for cyclists, as is a whiplash injury in Acton. If you have suffered a whiplash injury in Acton and sought medical attention, we may be able to help you to claim compensation if someone else was to blame for the accident.
A cycling accident could cause you a whiplash injury in Acton
If you have been in an accident that was not your fault and sustained any type of injury, including a whiplash claim in Acton, then Accident Advice Helpline may be able to help you claim compensation. We have a dedicated team of experts on hand ready to help in many ways. They can help to:
- Make sure you are properly recompensed for your injuries and any costs and losses that have arisen because of the accident;
- Get you compensation for your bicycle or anything else that may have been damaged by the collision, including clothes or a laptop; and
- Liaise with whichever council or insurance company is responsible
Call us today
If you have had an accident that was not your fault and feel you deserve compensation, you can freephone Accident Advice Helpline on 0800 689 0500 from a landline or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile. There, you will find our trained professional advisors ready to help and let you know if you may be entitled to a compensation payout. The 30-second test on our website will give you similar guidance.Open Claim Calculator