Accident Solicitor in Sunderland
The city of Sunderland is set at the mouth of the River Wear, next to stunning coastal scenery and countryside landscapes. Home to a number of cycle routes, the city grants cyclists the chance to explore its distinctive mix of city, coast and countryside with the greatest of ease.
The increase in the popularity of cycling in Sunderland has unfortunately led to a subsequent rise in the number of cycling accidents in the area. Cyclists are vulnerable road users as they often lack protection and this means that they are prone to sustaining severe injuries following accidents on the roads.
Common injuries sustained through cycling accidents
Limb, chest and head injuries are amongst the most common injuries sustained through cycling accidents. According to hospital statistics, over 40% of cyclists sustain arm injuries and 25% sustain leg injuries following accidents on the road. Head injuries, which range from fatal skull fractures and brain damage to minor concussion and bruising are common amongst cyclists. Over 40% of adult cyclists and 45% of child cyclists sustain head injuries following accidents on the road.
Common causes of cycling accidents
Some of the most common causes of cycling accidents include:
- Motorists emerging into the paths of cyclists
- Motorists turning across the paths of cyclists
- Cyclists riding into the paths of motorists, often when riding off pavements
- Child cyclists performing tricks or cycling too quickly
Actions to take following a cycling accident
Anyone involved in a cycling accident must:
- Seek medical advice
- Exchange details with the other party involved
- Take photographs of the accident scene
- Report the accident to the police
- Locate purchase receipt for their bicycle
- Contact Accident Advice Helpline to receive advice from an accident solicitor Sunderland
Whether caused by traffic, poorly maintained roads, obstacles on the roads, faulty equipment or spillages on the roads, injured cyclists could be entitled to claim compensation for their injuries.
Use trusted professionals
Having been in the industry for over 14 years, Accident Advice Helpline’s specialist team help those injured in cycling accidents find the best accident solicitor in Sunderland. They can provide a thorough explanation of the claims process and improve a cyclist’s chances of winning their claim. Through a claim, a cyclist will be able to:
- Pay for the cost of bicycle repairs
- Recover lost earnings
- Receive private rehabilitation or physiotherapy
To receive detailed guidance from an accident solicitor Sunderland, it is necessary for a cyclist to call Accident Advice Helpline’s free phone helpline and speak to a claims advisor. Call on 0800 689 0500 from a land line, or from your mobile on 0333 500 0993.