You have to act like a newspaper reporter if you’re involved in an accident which wasn’t your fault. Accident Advice Helpline will tell you that recording all the details of those involved and facts about the incident itself – the what, who, where and when of it all – is so important for a strong case in any UK accident claim.
Maximize your claim potential
If you’ve been injured at work, in a public place or involved in a road accident, there are measures you can take in order to help maximize your potential for compensation by gathering crucial evidence. If your injuries are such that you can’t do it yourself, get a family member or friend to put on a Press-like hat with a notepad and camera.
Precursory UK accident claim advice
Here’s a ‘things to do’ list following the accident and to assist your UK accident claim:
- Get the names, addresses and phone contacts of all those involved and any police officer’s name and number.
- Take pictures of the accident scene and the surrounding area from all angles as soon as possible.
- Be sure to get the names, addresses and phone numbers of any potential witness BUT DON’T speak to them about the accident as this will be dealt with by the solicitor appointed by Accident Advice Helpline in your UK accident claim.
- Take photos of any damage to property and then obtain at least two repair estimates. This will allow you to arrange for repairs and be able later to reclaim the cost.
- For injuries to the person, again take photos of these. Take shots immediately after the accident, if they are visible and then again a few days later. Injuries like bruises and swellings can take time to appear and manifest themselves.
For the very best advice following an accident which was no fault of your own, call free to Accident Advice Helpline, which is available all day and night, seven days a week.
Our expert and friendly advisers will run through a quick check-list of facts, which should take no more than 30 seconds. They’ll then be able to tell you straight away if you have a valid UK accident claim and even how much you may receive in compensation.
Loss of earnings worry
We’ve been in the accident injury claims business for over fifteen years and deal with all sorts of injury-accident claims day in, day out, and can provide answers to all you questions on the subject and help put aside any fears you may have about the future. Naturally you’re going to be worried about loss of earnings through not being able to work, how family members or friends will cope in maybe having to look after you and even potential problems of simply getting around. Accident Advice Helpline knows that self mobility is always high on most people’s list when it comes to UK accident claims and the costs involved, let alone the physical aspects.
We work with hundreds of solicitors spread around the UK – legal specialists who work on a no win, no fee basis and are pledged to getting the best compensation awards possible for their clients in a UK accident claim. They’ll also work to make sure you get the money back from costs you may well incur as a result of your accident – from items like child care expenses to taxi fares in having to travel to medical appointments. Simply call Accident Advice Helpline on their freephone numbers 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile.
Date Published: 22nd January 2013
Author: David Brown