How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Tyne and Wear compensation 

    Personal Injury Solicitors in Tyne and Wear

    If you have been injured by a faulty product, you may be able to make a Tyne and Wear compensation claim against either the manufacturer of the product, or the shop in which you bought the product, depending on which stage of the sale process the item was damaged or became faulty. Either way, if you have bought a product which wasn’t fit for use, and are injured because of it, you should be able to easily make a claim for compensation. Here is some of the process of making a compensation claim for a faulty product, to help you to do so with ease.

    Find your receipt

    Before you can do anything to claim compensation for a faulty product, you need to prove that you bought it, where you bought it and when. If you have owned the item for many years, for example, the shop will be less likely to offer you a refund or compensation for your injuries, as the item could have become damaged at any time. As long as you have purchased the item quite recently then you should be able to proceed.

    Go to the store

    Speak to the store manager about what has happened and why you feel that this was the fault of the product and not yourself. Say what was wrong with the product as far as you are concerned and why this is likely to have caused your injury. Let the shop know what you want done about it and they should be able to take down a complaint and note down that you want compensation.

    Find an injury lawyer

    If you don’t get the compensation you want direct from the store or manufacturer, the next step is to speak to an injury lawyer who can put together a case for you, and send an official letter to the store or manufacturer.

    Claiming Tyne and Wear compensation easily

    The best thing for you to do when making a Tyne and Wear compensation claim is to work with an experienced injury lawyer who can take on your claim or you and ensure that it is processed quickly and easily on your behalf.

    Open Claim Calculator

    This allows you to sit back and focus on your injuries and the recovery process. Call Accident Advice Helpline on 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile phone, or you can text “claim365” to 88010 and the team will be more than happy to help you to decide whether or not you have a good case for compensation. If you do then you will be passed over to an experienced solicitor who will work on a 100% no-win, no-fee* basis to get you the compensation that you deserve.

    Date Published: 5th July 2014

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.