How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Tripped at home

    If you’ve tripped at home it might not be immediately apparent that you could have a case for compensation, but in fact there are several situations in which you could, including the following:-

    • If you rent your home and tripped due to poor maintenance.
    • If you tripped due to a problem with floor covering fitted by professionals.
    • If somebody visiting your home (such as a workman) left the item that you tripped over.
    • If your home has been damaged by neighbours (for instance by flooding from a flat upstairs).

    If you’ve been injured in a different situation but you still think someone else was at fault, give us a call and our friendly team will help you work it out. We won’t charge you for this call from your landline and we may also be able to advise you on how much compensation you could be entitled to.

    What to do if you tripped at home

    If you are thinking of claiming compensation due to a trip at home, you will need to see a doctor as soon as possible. This will mean that there’s a medical report which can be used to prove your case, and it’s recommended anyway because you may need treatment for injuries that aren’t obvious to you straight away.

    If anybody witnessed your accident, ask them to write down what they saw straight away so that it stays in their memory. You should also consider making a written account yourself. If you choose to claim, a solicitor can take formal statements from you and your witnesses later.

    Taking photographs of the place where you fell and any object you tripped over can help your case. If the flooring was loose, try to take a picture that shows this. It can also be useful to take pictures of your injuries. If one leg is swollen, photograph both together so the difference can be seen.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Getting a lawyer

    Traipsing around your local area trying to find a good lawyer can be difficult when you’re injured. At Accident Advice Helpline, we can make things much easier. If you’ve tripped at home we can provide you with a solicitor who has experience of similar cases and is well placed to help you. You’ll be able to communicate by phone or email and our no-win, no-fee* system means you won’t need to be rich to get the help you need.

    Call us now on 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from your mobile phone if you’ve tripped at home and see if we can help you claim the compensation you deserve.

    Date Published: 10th July 2014

    Author: Jan Newell

    Category: Slips, Trips and Falls Claims

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.