How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Tripped and fell

    Had a slip, trip or fall in a public place through no fault of your own within the last three years? If you tripped and fell somewhere like a restaurant, playing field or street, and were hurt as a result, you could be entitled to claim personal injury compensation.

    If you thought you wanted nothing to do with what is widely termed the “compensation culture”, think again. A nasty slip, trip and fall accident can have a severe impact on your quality of life, potentially over quite a long time, and so this is money you need, and which is legally yours.

    If you tripped and fell through no fault of your own, here are some tips to bear in mind before starting the claims process:

    • Get the contact details of any witnesses who can accurately and reliably describe what happened.
    • Seek medical attention for any injuries as soon after the accident as possible.
    • Take photographs where possible, e.g. of the broken paving slab. Again, the sooner you can do this, the better. Try and get the defect pictured as clearly as possible.
    • There can be advantages and disadvantages to reporting the accident, and the hazard, to whoever was responsible, for example, the council.

    One potential issue you could have is that if you report the fact that you tripped and fell before you have good photographic evidence, the defect could be put right before you have a chance to report it was there. It’s worth discussing this aspect of your claim with your lawyer if you are in any doubt.

    Tripped and fell? What can Accident Advice Helpline do?

    If you tripped and fell in the last three years, in an incident for which you were not to blame, Accident Advice Helpline is here to help you.

    Open Claim Calculator

    We’re a well-established personal injury law firm, with many years’ experience helping our customers claim the maximum compensation to which they are entitled, and in handling a great variety of different types of accident.

    Because all our solicitors work on a no-win, no-fee basis, you can start your claim easily. You can contact us in confidence 24 hours a day, and we’ll never push you into claiming if you change your mind.

    Find out more about how we could help you today, call on 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile phone for free, no-obligation advice about making a claim for compensation.

    Date Published: 10th July 2014

    Author: Jan Newell

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.