How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Trip compensation

    Unfortunately, the UK sees its fair share of slip, trip and fall accidents, both in public places and in work settings. Mostly, these incidents are caused by spills which leave floors slippery, or paths which have been poorly maintained, leading to potholes or elevated areas of ground.

    In workplaces, slips and trips can happen where walkways are blocked, or because flooring has not been fitted correctly.

    If you’re unlucky enough to have an accident that falls into this category, through someone else being negligent, you may be entitled to claim slip and trip compensation for your injury.

    Trip compensation – who pays?

    If you slip on, say, a puddle in a public place like a supermarket, bank or restaurant, the personal injury claim is made against the public liability insurance policy of the occupier – i.e. the bank, restaurant or supermarket.

    If your accident takes place on a council owned property, you may be able to make a claim for trip compensation against the local authority – but you need to be able to prove negligence.

    Open Claim Calculator

    For example, if you slipped on council land on something that had been left lying around by someone else, you wouldn’t be able to claim trip compensation. You could try claiming against the person responsible, but you would need to be sure first that they had insurance cover.

    If the accident took place on privately owned property, you could claim for personal injury compensation against the person concerned but, again, they would need to have the right insurance or other means of settling your claim.

    If the incident takes place at work, the claim would be made against your employer, who would then claim on their insurance. If they sacked you as a result of your claim for trip compensation, that would be illegal.

    How Accident Advice Helpline can help you with your slip or trip claim

    At Accident Advice Helpline, we’ve been established as personal injury lawyers since 2000, and can help you with your claim for compensation in the wake of a slip, trip or fall accident that happened in the last three years and was someone else’s fault.

    We will handle your claim by telephone to save you the stress of having to travel to a solicitors office. If your claim is challenged by the person or persons responsible for your injuries then we will take your case to court and fight for the compensation you deserve.

    What’s more, our no-win, no-fee* operation means it won’t cost a penny to begin the claims process. Find out more today, call 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile phone for free, no-obligation advice about making a claim for compensation.

    Date Published: 10th July 2014

    Author: Jan Newell

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.