How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Thurrock claims

    What to do if your possessions are stolen abroad, and how to make compensation claims after an attack

    Being involved in any sort of attack or theft can be very distressing, but even more so if you are on holiday at the time. Not only will your holiday inevitably be ruined by what has happened to you, it can also be difficult to sort the situation when you are not in your own country, don’t speak the language well and may not have access to more money to save the holiday. Here are some of the things that you can do if you are involved in a criminal attack when you are on holiday, so that you can sort it out as quickly as possible.

    • Call the police. Even if you don’t speak the language, someone at the police station should be able to talk to you and make a report for you. This will help to get someone on the case as soon as possible, meaning that it is more likely that your possessions will be returned to you while you are still on holiday.
    • Speak to your hotel. If your possessions were stolen from your hotel, you need to inform the hotel that this has happened. They may be able to look over CCTV to help identify the thief, and can make you feel more secure by moving you to another room or providing extra security.
    • Speak to your embassy. There will be a British Embassy in most countries, that can provide you with help and support. If your passport has been stolen, for example, they can arrange for you to get back to the UK without any trouble.
    • Call credit card companies. If your money and credit cards have been stolen, make sure that you do not wait, and call to cancel the cards as soon as you possibly can. Waiting until you get home gives the thieves more of an opportunity to take more of your money.

    Thurrock claims

    You may be able to make Thurrock claims for compensation if you are attacked and injured, and your attacker is caught. You need to make Thurrock claims as soon as possible, so that you are able to process certain parts of the claim whilst you still have easy access to the police reports and so on.

    The best way to do this is to call Accident Advice Helpline on 0800 689 0500, or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile to speak to the friendly, helpful team about what happened to you, get advice and support and find out more about the Thurrock claims process. After this you can be teamed with experienced and dedicated personal injury lawyers, who will work with you on a 100% no win no fee basis to process your Thurrock claims.

    Date Published: 30th June 2014

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.