A large number of Swindon road traffic accidents are caused by drivers being distracted when they’re driving. It is unfortunately something that often easily happens. If you were to stop and think about it seriously, you would appreciate how difficult it is to remain totally focused without ever taking your eyes off the road when you’re driving. It’s next to impossible. Even just glancing in your rear-view mirror, or one of your wing mirrors, is a distraction, even though it is a necessary part of driving.
The most common cause of RTA’s in the UK
It is officially recognised by every authority on the subject that driver error is the single largest culprit of RTA’s in the UK . In fact it’s responsible for more than 65% of all accidents. Distraction is one type of driver error.
The various causes of distraction
There are many things that can distract any driver’s attention, whether it’s for a single second, or a few seconds at a time. These things include. but are not limited to:
- Looking down at your instruments
- Looking for too long into your mirrors
- Looking at your satnav
- Taking your eyes of the road to look at a map
- Taking your eyes off the road to look at a set of directions
- Tuning the radio
- Having your mobile switched on
- Losing something and searching for it while driving
- Being distracted by something outside of the car
Many of the above listed points are things that drivers do all the time. It’s just sheer luck that nothing happens in the road in front of you while you are temporarily distracted.
AAH offer help with compensation claims regarding Swindon road traffic accidents
You may well be the innocent victim of one of the many Swindon road traffic accidents that take place, and if you are, you could probably do with the help of a top injury claim solicitor to assist you with launching your compensation claim, and if so, the guys and girls here at Accident Advice Helpline are at your disposal.
The user friendliness of AAH’s injury compensation claim process
AAH have been trading since the year 2000, and over the years we have perfected a very user-friendly application process. If you would like to commission our services and try it for yourself, you will benefit from:
- Our industry leading no win no fee service, as recommended by Esther Rantzen
- Our free 30 second, website based, HOW MUCH compensation calculator
- Our user-friendly customer support service
- Use of our free 24/7 helpline – 0800 180 4123 from landlines – 0333 500 0992 from mobiles
When you’re considering your options please bear in mind the fact that if you chat to one of our experienced advisers, (using our free helpline of course), any advice that you are given is offered free of charge and comes without any obligation.