How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Sutton Coldfield road traffic accidents

    Personal Injury Solicitors in Sutton Coldfield

    Unfortunately, Sutton Coldfield road traffic accidents are not an uncommon occurrence. However, if you have been injured in an incident that was not your fault, there is a very high chance that you will be entitled to compensation.

    FAQ about Sutton Coldfield road traffic accidents

    • Will I have to go to court? A lot of people are worried about making a personal injury claim because they fear that they will have to go through the hassle and stress of going to court. This is something you do not need to worry about, as it is extremely unlikely that your case will result in a trial. In fact, fewer than 3% of personal injury cases end up in a courtroom.
    • Can I still make a claim if the other driver fled the scene? If you have been the victim of a hit and run, you will still be able to make a claim for compensation, although the process entailed is slightly different. But don’t worry, as this is something your solicitor will talk you through.
    • How long have I got to make a claim? There is a three-year time limit on all personal injury cases. Therefore, if you were involved in a car crash on 27th August 2014, you will have until 26th August 2017 to make a claim. Nevertheless, it is worth pointing out that court proceedings must be issued within this time frame.
    • How much compensation will I receive? It is impossible to say without knowing the ins and outs of your case. However, there are two types of compensation – general damages and special damages. The former is to compensate you for your injuries and help you through the recovery process while the latter is for any out of pocket expenses you have incurred because of the accident.
    • What happens if the third party is not insured? We will let you know if the perpetrator is not insured. If this is the case, you can still make a claim and this will usually be referred to the MIB, which is the Motor Insurers’ Bureau, which has been set up to help the victims of drivers that are uninsured, untraced or foreign.

    How to get in touch with Accident Advice Helpline

    Call, text or complete the handy 30 second calculator on our website. The details you need are:

    • Helpline numbers: 0800 689 0500 from a landline or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile.
    • You can try the quick and easy 30 second test on our website.
    • Or why not text ‘Claim365’ to 88010 and we will ring you.

    Date Published: 19th August 2014

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.