How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Surrey car accident

    If you are injured in a road traffic accident, then one of the first things to happen is that the police are called. They should always be informed if someone is injured in an accident, or the accident is causing an obstruction to other road users. After they arrive they will asses the scene, call ambulances if they are needed and write out accident reports. Once you are settled and sorted regarding your injuries you may start to think about making a personal injury claim, using the Surrey car accident solicitors from Accident Advice Helpline. Police reports can be very useful when you are making an injury claim as they often point the finger of blame. This can be vital when using the Surrey car accident solicitors to make your personal injury claim.

    Evidence and using the Surrey car accident solicitors

    If the person responsible for your accident owns up as being at fault, then things will then be straight forward regarding your injury claim. However, if they do not admit the fault, then you will need as much evidence and proof as possible in order to get the compensation you deserve from your injury claim. Your police report and your doctors report will be useful in this situation, but there are other things such as:

    • The statements of witnesses. If anyone saw the accident happen, ask if they will make a witness statement. All you need do is take their name and phone number, Accident Advice Helpline will do the rest.
    • Photos of the accident scene. Most mobile phones have a camera facility, and if you can take photos of the accident scene these can be very useful. Skid marks, positions of the vehicles, damaged street furniture and any other photos you think might help.
    • Medical reports. Reports from the doctor that treated your injury will be needed to prove that you are not just saying you have an injury you do not have. Some victims are asked to attend an independent medical assessment and this can only help speed up your claim.
    • A diary of your injuries. Keep a note of how your injuries are progressing, probably every few days is enough, and maybe take photos of their progress as well.

    The person responsible for your accident could admit the blame at the scene of your accident and then later contest what they said before. This is why you need as much proof as possible to make your injury claim.

    Accident Advice Helpline

    The solicitors at Accident Advice Helpline are used to dealing with contested claims and manage to settle most of them before they reach court. Very few of our claimants actually have to visit a courtroom, as we endeavor to keep this stress away from you. For the same reason, we work on a no win no fee basis, so that you do not have to worry about financing your claim. As you do not need any money to start you claim, or if your claim is lost, finances do not have to be a consideration when you are deciding to make a personal injury compensation claim.

    If you want to discuss your claim in more detail with an adviser then dial 0800 689 0500 from your land line, or 0333 500 0993 from your mobile.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Date Published: 10th July 2014

    Author: matthew

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.