Drivers being careless quite often cause painful South Staffordshire car crash injuries to themselves and others. There are some who are more interested in other things than concentrating on their driving, and as accidents happen so quickly, by the time they realise what is happening, it is too late.
Causes of South Staffordshire car crash injuries
Just some of the causes of South Staffordshire car crash injuries are:
- Speeding – this tends to cause the worst accidents as the faster a vehicle is travelling, the more damage it will cause. Speed limits are on our roads for a reason, abide by them to reduce the risk of accidents, as well as having points added to your licence.
- Jumping traffic lights – drivers tend to do this when they approach lights that are about to change, and many accidents are caused in this way. If you are approaching lights that are changing, slow down and wait, it is better to wait a minute or two than end up in South Staffordshire road traffic accidents.
- Lack of concentration – this is one of the reasons that using a mobile phone while driving was made illegal, but you still see drivers using them all the time, only hiding them if there is a police car in sight. This is just was of the things that takes the drivers eyes of the road, and sometimes their hands of the wheel.
- Driving too close – tailgating will almost certainly give you the responsibility of an accident, as you should not be that close to the vehicle in front. Always leave enough room between you and the next car so that if they have to suddenly brake, you can do so safely too.
- Overtaking – some drivers get very impatient if the car in front is not travelling as fast as they would like, and take risks to overtake and get past them. Drivers who overtake on bends or hills, are risking the life of other drivers, not just their own.
- Car maintenance – Always keep you car in good condition, particularly things like tyres and brakes. There are so many things on a car that if they go wrong the driver could lose control of the car and cause an accident.
If you have suffered South Staffordshire car crash injuries through no fault of your own, you could be entitled to compensation and should contact Accident Advice Helpline to find out for sure.
Getting the right advice
There are many people around who will tell you that you can do this and that when you want to claim compensation, but most of the time they only know part of the facts. If you contact us on our freephone helpline number, 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile phone, you can chat to a friendly adviser, who will give you up to date and relevant information that is correct and will relate to your situation.
Or you could try our 30-second test. This lets you know if you have a valid claim, and if you do, it gives you an estimate of how much your compensation could be.
Date Published: 19th August 2014