Losing a loved one is traumatic enough, but finding out that the death was caused in South Gloucestershire road traffic accidents that someone else was to blame for can make it even worse. Finding out the loss was unnecessary can be soul destroying and cause feelings of anger and resentment towards whoever was responsible.
Once they are over the initial shock, the family really should consider making a fatal injury claim for compensation and Accident Advice Helpline are here to help them through the processes involved, to make it as stress free as possible at what is already a very difficult time.
Making a fatal injury claim after South Gloucestershire road traffic accidents
The bereaved family can claim for several things, all of which will be accounted for when making a fatal injury claim. Just some of them are:
- The suffering of the victim if they were aware of pain before they died
- Funeral costs
- Probate costs
- Loss of earnings that would have been the victims, this would be less the older a victim was, as the number of years left to work are calculated.
- Childcare costs, if looking after the children was part of the victims life
- Household costs for things the deceased used to do that will now have to be paid for such as cleaning, gardening or decorating
- Any other cost or loss that will now have to be paid because of the loss of the loved one in South Gloucestershire road traffic accidents that were not their fault
- Bereavement allowance – this is only paid once so if there is more than one claim proven, the amount is divided equally among the claimants
It could be that the victim was a parent who looked after the house and family, and now the spouse that is left has the choice of giving up their job and taking over those responsibilities, or paying someone else to help with them. Whichever way is chosen there is a cost involved and whoever caused the accident should be made to pay them.
Making fatal injuries claims after South Gloucestershire road traffic accidents
Within three years of the death, the family should contact Accident Advice Helpline to discuss claiming compensation. You will find that we are compassionate and understanding and will do all we can to help the bereaved family through the processes of making a claim. For over years, it is sad to say that we have already helped many families claim compensation, after they have lost a loved one in an accident that was the fault of someone else.Open Claim Calculator
If you call our freephone helpline on 0800 689 0500, you can talk in confidence to one of our friendly advisers. They will talk through the finer details of the accident to find out what the chances are of a successful claim and to help the family decide if they want to pursue compensation.
Moving forward from this, one of our expert no win no fee* injury lawyers will deal with your claim and will make sure it is handled quickly and efficiently, while ensuring the family get the maximum compensation for the situation they now find themselves in.