How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    South Derbyshire accident at work

    Your employer is under a duty to follow health and safety regulations set out by the government. Some of the many rules that they must follow include:

    • Providing you with protective equipment and clothing
    • Following fire safety regulations
    • Offering you proper health and safety training
    • Keeping their workplace clean and tidy
    • Ensuring that any machinery you use is well maintained

    If you are concerned about the safety of your workplace, you can report your employer to the Health and Safety Executive (HSE). However, it is always advisable to discuss your worries with your employer first as they may be willing to implement any necessary changes.

    You have protection from the law regarding your safety in the workplace and if your employer does not follow health and safety regulations and you suffer a South Derbyshire, accident at work, you may have a right to make a compensation claim against them.

    Taking a South Derbyshire, accident at work claim to court

    The vast majority of the accident at work claims we deal with settle before they get anywhere near the court. This means that there is a good chance that you will be able to receive compensation without giving evidence against your employer at a court hearing.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Your employer will usually be keen to negotiate the settlement of your claim, but if we are unable to agree on a suitable sum of compensation, or if there is a complex point of law to be debated, we may need to go to court. It is worth realising, however, that employers often make last minute offers to save themselves the time and expense of long court battles.

    Lodging a South Derbyshire, accident at work claim

    If you wish to receive compensation from your employer, you should file your South Derbyshire, accident at work claim within three years of the date of your accident. If you do not start your claim in court within that period, it will not be possible for you to continue with your claim. It is therefore important that you call the team here at Accident Advice Helpline and provide us with all the relevant details as soon as possible.

    In certain cases, there may be a longer period in which you can file your South Derbyshire, accident at work claim. If, for example, you were not aware that your injury was caused by your accident at work, you may have three years from the date of your diagnosis.

    Date Published: 27th September 2014

    Author: Jan Newell

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.