Road traffic accidents involving cyclists are rare, but if you regularly take to the roads, you should educate yourself on the steps you would need to take in the event of a collision.
3 steps to take before you take to the roads
- Save the number of your nearest police station in your mobile phone
- Know your route, so that if you have to call the emergency services, you will be able to tell them where you are
- Add an emergency contact to your phone book under the name of “ICE” (In Case of Emergency)
10 steps to take at the scene of an accident
- Move to a safe position
- Call the ambulance service if you need immediate medical assistance
- Call the police if you believe the other party may have provided you with false contact details
- Stay calm and cooperate at all times, ensuring that you provide the emergency services with a factual account of your version of the events leading up to your accident
- Obtain the names, contact details and vehicle registration numbers of the motorists involved in the accident
- Take photographs of the accident scene, including any vehicles and their positions on the road, along with any damage to your bike
- Obtain the names and contact details of any witnesses to your accident
- Look for CCTV cameras. If you spot one, ask the CCTV operator to preserve the footage
- If you sustain a minor injury, go to your local A&E department as soon as possible and tell the doctor that you were involved in a cycling accident
- Contact Accident Advice Helpline and let a trained claims adviser assess your eligibility to personal injury compensation
Looking for cycling accident solicitors in Worlington?
If you sustain an injury or financial loss as a result of an accident, you will be legally entitled to seek advice from our experienced team of cycling accident solicitors.
Although we do not have injury solicitors in Worlington we can still represent you and your claim. This is because we are a national firm that works across the whole of the UK. So if you need injury solicitors in Worlington look no further than our expert service.
At Accident Advice Helpline, we believe that you should not refrain from seeking access to justice on the grounds of cost. If your case has at least a reasonable chance of success, we will enter into a 100% no win no fee* arrangement with you, which means that you will not have to worry about the cost of making a claim.
To find out more about hiring our accident solicitors, please call our freephone helpline on 0800 689 0500 or use our 30-second test.