How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Learn more

    Solicitors in London for personal injury claims abroad

    Personal Injury Claims Abroad

    The accident claim process varies from country to country. If you are involved in a road traffic accident overseas, to get the expertise you need you may decide to seek out solicitors in London for personal injury claims abroad.

    In the unfortunate event of having to seek solicitors in London for personal injury claims abroad, you need to seek the advice of a solicitor who is an expert in the law of the country in which it happened. Apart from the different procedures in the law specifically related to the claim, the general procedures may be different from those of the UK. For example, in some countries every document must be translated to the local language. So, wherever you live in the country, you may need a specialist solicitor in London.

    Personal injury claims: compensation in EU countries

    There is an established procedure for applying for compensation for personal injury claims abroad, but there are not so many solicitors in the UK with the specialist knowledge and with the corresponding partners in the country in question. For that reason, you might be better to start your search for solicitors in London with personal injury claims abroad specialisms in their portfolio.

    Accident Advice Helpline

    If you need to find out about personal injury claims abroad, contact Accident Advice Helpline. If you are seeking recommendations for solicitors in London for personal injury claims abroad, ask us and we will help you. You will need a legal representative with experience of the law in the country in which your accident took place. Go to the main site or call one of our friendly operators on 0800 689 0500 and ask what we can do for you.

    Tips for driving overseas

    Before you set off from the UK, do your usual vehicle checks.

    Open Claim Calculator

    • Check the Highway Code for the countries you are visiting. Some require special configurations for headlights, etc.;
    • Pack two hazard warning triangles, as some countries require two by law;
    • Make sure you have the correct insurance policy for your needs, for all your intended drivers, and carry the documentation with you; and
    • Store the emergency number of your insurance company in a place where you can easily find it (in your mobile) and have a backup or two.

    Tips for surviving a personal injury or road traffic accident abroad

    • Before you depart, know the contact details and location of British Consulates in the countries you are visiting;
    • If you are involved in an accident, take the details of the other drivers’ vehicles;
    • Take notes and photographs;
    • Call your insurance company immediately. Ensure you are able to tell them your precise location and which police stations may be relevant;
    • Try and get a copy of the police report, or your insurance company may do it; and
    • If you required medical attention either at the scene or as a result of the accident, try and get a copy of that medical report too.

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.