One of the fastest growing pastimes in the country is cycling. This is because its fun, good exercise and cheap if its your only form of transport. However, cycling can be very dangerous as you are vulnerable on the roads. You have little or no protection if you fall off your bike.
If you do fall from your bike, and are injured in an accident that was not your fault, then you should use the solicitors in Kings Sutton to make a personal injury compensation claim.
Falling off your bike may end in you using the solicitors in Kings Sutton
As we have mentioned before, cyclist are vulnerable on the roads as they have very little protection. If you do fall off your bike, the injuries you may suffer can be terrible and there are some injuries that cyclists are prone to, such as broken bones and road rash.
Many cycling accidents do not involve another vehicle, but if the accident is because a car runs into them, or a lorry knocks them off their bike, they can be very lucky to survive.
The fears of this happening does stop some people taking to the roads on a bike, but there are a few things you can do to try and reuse the risk of accidents and serious injuries.Open Claim Calculator
- Wear as much protective clothing as you can
- Wear something bright or high visibility so that cars see you before it is too late
- Do not ride along next to another cyclist as this can be dangerous for several reasons, and you are more likely to receive serious injuries
- Leave enough space when riding passed parked cars for them to open a door and not knock you off your cycle.
- Wearing a well fitting, good quality cycling helmet, although they do not give as much protection as a motorbike helmet, they can still be a life saver
- Have a good knowledge of the Highway Code, you do not have to take a test to ride a cycle on the roads, but should know all the rules
- Maintain your cycle, particularly the brakes and lights
You should reduce the risk of having to use the solicitors in Kings Sutton to claim compensation, if you take these precautions.
If you do get injured
The first thing you should do after an accident is to go to the hospital so they can check you out and make sure that you are OK. Sometimes what can appear to be a minor injury can be much worse when it is looked at by the professionals.
Once you have started to recover, you should contact Accident Advice Helpline to start you personal injury claim. It does appear that the sooner after an accident a claim is made, the more chance of success they have, so don’t delay in starting your claim.
We will give you all the help and advice you need and will take the stress away from you. Call our helpline on 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile phone and our advisers will deal with everything, giving you as little hassle as possible.