If you are out one day riding your bicycle along the roads, and the views around you distract you from the road, and the same things happens to a car driver while they are about to drive next to you, then you could have a terrible accident in which you suffer from serious injuries.
If the accident was not your fault, then you may want to talk with the solicitors in Keynsham at Accident Advice Helpline, so that they can help you to make a personal injury compensation claim.
That is just one example of how an accident could happen. Another one would be hitting a pothole or a bad road surface and being thrown from your bicycle. More cycling accidents happen in this way than any other.
Reducing the risk of a cycling accident and injury
On UK roads, a cyclist can be very vulnerable of having a serious accident which could have terrible consequences for them. To reduce the risk of an accident happening, and a serious injury if they are in one, there are some things that you can do, for example:
- Knee and elbow pads will help protect these particular joints;
- Wear good cycling shoes can protect your feet;
- Wear bright clothing, preferably high-visibility, so that other road users are more aware of you;
- Do not ride next to another rider, as this makes it difficult for vehicles to overtake you and also increases the possibility of more people being hurt in an accident;
- If you are passing parked cars, leave enough room for doors to be opened without smashing into you;
- Wear a well fitting, good quality safety helmet;
- Make sure your bicycle is well maintained, particularly the brakes and lights; and
- Have a good knowledge of the Highway Code. You do not need to take a test to cycle on UK roads, but you should still make sure you know the rules of the road.
With any luck, these things can save you from having to use solicitors in Keynsham for a personal accident injury claim after being injured in an accident that was not your fault.
Cycling accidents and the injuries they will cause
We hope that if you do have a cycling accident that you will only have a few minor cuts and bruises. However, you could have a serious injury which would then result in you having to use solicitors in Keynsham. Here are a few examples:
- Back injuries;
- Head injuries;
- Facial injuries;
- Anxiety and stress;
- Broken bones;
- Road rash; and
- Dental injuries.
Using the solicitors in Keynsham at Accident Advice Helpline to make a compensation claim
Accident Advice Helpline have been helping victims of all types of accidents for over 15 years. We have handled many cases of personal injury compensation for cyclists, and have the knowledge and expertise you need to give your claim the best chance of success.
Our advisors are friendly, professional and have compassion. They will understand what you are going through and will help you all they can. You can contact them on our freephone number, 0800 180 4123.
Date Published: 15th April 2014
Author: David Brown