If you need help with registering a claim for compensation regarding a workplace injury you’ve suffered, some of the solicitors in Leigh at Accident Advice Helpline may be able to help you.
This shift from manufacturing into retail
The town of Leigh in Greater Manchester has had a long association with the manufacturing sector. But in common with much of the UK, much of the manufacturing base has now moved abroad, and has largely been replaced as a major employer by the retail industry.
Solicitors in Leigh may be able to provide help with your injury claim
If you work within the retail sector, and you’ve been injured in the workplace through no fault of your own,there are many specialist claim solicitors here the UK. But you need the best of them to give your claim the greatest chance of reaching its full potential, and should contact the solicitors in Leigh at Accident Advice Helpline.
Common types of accidents, and accident causes within the retail sector
The retail sector provides work for over 3 million people. The most common types of accidents and injuries that can affect people within the retail sector, and the factors that bring them about include:
- Slips, trips and falls
- Risks within the manual handling sector
- Risks associated with workplace transport
- Risks associated with violence
The slip, trip or fall accident
The slip, trip or fall accident is the most common injury of them all, not only in the retail sector, but across all sectors, including accidents and injuries in the domestic home. This type of injury is indiscriminate, and within the retail trade, can happen to both workers and shoppers alike.Open Claim Calculator
The main causes of slip, trip and fall accidents
The biggest causes of slip, trip and fall accidents usually occur under the following circumstances:
- When smooth floors have been cleaned and are left wet
- When spills aren’t cleaned up quickly and/or effectively
- When an area, following a recent spillage, hasn’t been cleaned effectively and contamination remains
How to minimise the risk of slips, trips, or falls
By improving procedures/processes with regard to the cleaning of floor areas, slip, trip of fall hazards can be handled more effectively. Top tips to achieve this include:
- Only using the correct amount of cleaning products
- Allowing detergent enough time to clean greasy floors
- Ensuring cleaning equipment is well maintained
- Using a dry mop or a squeegee. Minimising water left in situ speeds drying time
- Only clean the immediate area that needs cleaning.
- Block off pedestrian access using cones and/or tape barriers, and ensure the hazard is well signed.
Check out what Accident Advice Helpline have to offer
If you’re looking for a nationwide injury claim specialist visit Accident Advice Helpline and check out:
- The ‘no win, no fee*’ service we offer as recommended by Esther Rantzen
- Our 30 second online HOW MUCH calculator
- Our top customer support service
- Our free 24/7 helpline
Our helpline can be accessed by calling 0800 689 0500 from any landline, or 0333 500 0993 from any mobile phone.