If you feel sick, you go and visit your doctor; if you need new glasses, you visit your optician; if you have toothache, you visit your dentist. You then visit your chemist if any of them give you a prescription, or you go to your hospital if you have a more serious injury. All of these things happen every day throughout the UK, and usually you are given your medicine etc. and you then get better with no problems.
But what if you do not get better and things start to get worse? This may be because a medical professional has made a mistake and given you the wrong medicine, or told you that you have the wrong illness. This can happen all the time, as these people are just human beings and mistakes can happen. However, these mistakes can have dire consequences, so if any of these do happen to you then you should speak to solicitors in Hever to discuss making a personal injury compensation claim.
Medical negligence problems that can occur
There are lots of different things that could go wrong when you are seeking out medical attention:
- The dentist could get your dental treatment totally wrong, and cause you months of pain and discomfort.
- The optician could make a mistake with your laser eye surgery. Although most errors with this simple procedure can be corrected, why should you have to go through it all twice, with no guarantee of a successful outcome?
- The doctor could misdiagnose your illness and give you the wrong treatment.
- The pharmacy could give you the wrong medication, or the wrong dose of the correct medication. Either could have an adverse effect.
- The hospital could mistreat your problem, or not care for you in the way they should.
- The nurse could take a smear test incorrectly, causing flawed results.
These sorts of mistakes happen all the time, as well as many others. The consequences for the victim can be life-changing, and in some cases lead to fatality. You visit the medical professionals because you are already ill or injured and trust them to do their best to put you right. If there is more than a 50% chance that the treatment you received has made you worse or created a new problem, then you are entitled to compensation.
Medical negligence claims with solicitors in Hever at Accident Advice Helpline
Accident Advice Helpline are the best choice for your medical negligence claim, as we have the experience you need to give your claim the best chance of success.
Whether you contact us through our website or by calling our freephone number, 0800 180 4123, your claim will be treated with the respect it deserves, and dealt with as quickly and efficiently as possible, while keeping the hassle away from you.