You may want to have a look at the free employment accident guide, which is made by the solicitors in Hawkhurst at Accident Advice Helpline. If you have had an accident which resulted in you being injured it may answer some of your questions about making a compensation claim..
The start of the free guide made by the solicitors in Hawkhurst
The first things is that the majority of employers should have employers liability insurance, for instances of an injury claim being made against them.
Like most other insurances, the employers liability insurance should settle any injury compensation claims. This is so the employers do not have to pay for it from their personal or business accounts.
They are legally required to have minimum cover of £5,000,000. There are a few exceptions to this rule, for example:
- Travel executives
- Local authorities
- Government departments
- Health trusts
The employer whose staff members are based abroad and spend no more than 14 works related days in the UK could also not have employers liability insurance.
Your bosses duties as explained in the free employment accident claim guide from the solicitors in Hawkhurst
Your boss has a legal responsibility to ensure the health and safety of their staff members while they are at work, and this includes:
- Making sure they take proper breaks
- Ensuring all equipment is in proper working order
- Ensuring that all equipment has whatever safety devices are required
- Making sure all staff are properly trained to use the equipment, and that they use the safety devices
- Keep an accident book in which they record all accidents, no matter how minor
- Have procedure in place in case of emergency, and make sure all staff know them
- Have a health and safety policy which all staff know
- Have regular fire drill
- Carry out risks assessments and act upon the findings
- Regulate the use of vibrating tools
- Regulate the noise levels
- Regulate exposure to dangerous chemicals and substances
- Making sure they have enough space to work in
- Avoiding excessive twisting and turning
There are other rules that are trade specific, but each employer should know which ones relate to them or they may end up having to face the solicitors in Hawkhurst with a personal injury claim.
The free guides carries on
The free guides carries on in more detail about accidents and injuries, but basically if you have been injured in an accident that was not your fault, you should contact Accident Advice Helpline who will assist you with your personal injury compensation claim, phone our free helpline on 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile phone to speak with one of our friendly advisers or complete the 30-second test online.
Don’t be put off by the costs, we operate on a ‘no win, no fee’ basis, so no money is needed up front to start your claim.
Date Published: 2nd April 2014
Author: David Brown