How to prevent your purse being snatched
Although purse snatching is not extremely common, it does happen and because of the fast nature of it, it can happen on a busy street just as easily as it could happen on a quieter one. There are ways in which you can protect yourself from purse snatching, and keep yourself out of danger on quieter roads as well as busier ones, and here are some tips for doing this.
- Don’t have a purse. Opportunistic thieves who are looking for a bag or purse to snatch will only be able to do so if you have something that is snatchable. If you keep everything in your pockets or, even better, inside pockets, then there is nothing available to snatch.
- Only bring what you need. If you do have a purse then only have in it what is absolutely essential. This means that even if your purse is snatched, you won’t lose everything. If you have valuables that you cannot bear to lose, then never bring them out of the house with you.
- Stick to busy areas. As mentioned before, purse snatchers are opportunistic, and they don’t want to be caught. A thief is much less likely to try their luck in a busy area, as it will be much easier to apprehend them.
- Hold your purse close to you. A purse with a strap that goes across the body is best for ensuring that thieves don’t get easy access, but you can also try holding your purse or bag against your body as you walk.
- Let it go. If someone does go to grab your purse, just let it go. Everything in there can be replaced, whilst you cannot if the situation gets violent.
When to find solicitors in Haltwhistle
If you have been involved in a violent crime which has caused you injury, then you may be able to make a claim for compensation from the perpetrator of this crime once they have been caught. The easiest way for you to do this is to use solicitors in Haltwhistle, as they will be able to walk you through the process and make sure you don’t have to face your attacker face to face in court.They can also put together a case which has a better chance of being successful.
Call Accident Advice Helpline on 0800 689 0500, or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile phone to speak to the team about what happened to you and get advice on how to make a claim, and whether a claim is the right way for you to go. You are under no obligation to proceed after this initial conversation, but you will be passed over to our solicitors in Haltwhistle if you choose to, and they can handle your claim for you. Your solicitors in Haltwhistle will also work with you on a 100% ‘no win, no fee’ basis to get you the compensation you deserve.
Date Published: 1st April 2014
Author: David Brown