Cycling accidents can cause some of the most serious injuries on the road. Riding a bike is certainly recommended by health professionals, as the aerobic exercise that is provides is conducive to good fitness. But if you have been the victim of an accident as a result then you seek the help of solicitors in Great Missenden.
How can I increase my safety?
Many cyclists choose to use their bikes as a cheap and time efficient way of commuting to work. Often cyclists use their bikes to reach their local train station and then commute by train into the city centre where they work. Folding bicycles have grown in popularity, as the costs of car ownership have risen steeply.
To ensure that you are as safe as you can be when out cycling, it is important that the following points are considered:
- Ensure that your bike is in a sound, roadworthy condition.
- Check that the brakes, saddle, chain and gears are regularly serviced and checked over.
- Fit lights to the bike that are suitable for cycling. They should be able to be switched on permanently and not flash intermittently. Replace the batteries regularly.
- Wear clothing which is light in colour and which is easily seen by motorists on the roads. Many cycling accidents are caused by cyclists not being seen in time by other road users.
- Choose a reflective tabard or band which fits over the outer layer of clothing or rucksack.
- Use cycle lanes where they are provided.
- Don’t weave between rows of traffic and obey road markings and road signs.
- Be courteous to other road users and indicate your intentions before altering your road position.
I’ve had an accident and been injured. How do I know if I can make a claim and will the solicitors in Great Missenden help me?
Accident Advice Helpline is a leading law firm which specialises in processing personal injury compensation claims, on behalf of their clients who have been injured through no fault of their own.
They were established over 16 years ago to ensure that members of the public are aware of their legal rights to pursue personal injury compensation claims, using our solicitors in Great Missenden, should they find themselves injured as the result of an accident or incident.Open Claim Calculator
To establish your eligibility to make a personal injury compensation claim, simply call Accident Advice Helpline on their telephone helpline. Your call will be answered by a capable and friendly adviser who can confirm your entitlement to compensation over the phone. In addition, they can offer you no obligation advice and information about claiming compensation.
If you wish to go ahead with your claim, then their team of expert injury solicitors in Great Missenden will ensure that your claim is handled on a no win no fee* basis. What have you got to lose?
The number to call from a landline is 0800 689 0500, or from a mobile should you prefer, 0333 500 0993. Lines are open daily and our team of experienced advisers will make sure you have all the information you need.