A guide to making a personal injury compensation claim for a work related injury using expert injury solicitors.
Being injured can be a painful, yet inevitable part of life. However, if you have been injured whilst at work, through no fault of your own, then you feel that your employer or some one else is responsible for the accident occurring, and you should speak to our solicitors in Great Hadham about claiming compensation.
Seeking advice and no obligation information can be difficult to find in these sensitive situations. The dedicated law firm, Accident Advice Helpline, have over 14 years experience of assisting people, who like you, have sustained injuries through a work related accident that wasn’t their fault.
How to report an accident at work
It is important that the correct procedure is followed if you should be injured through a work related accident, whether or not it is caused by your own fault or that of some one else.
- Report the accident to your manager or designated person verbally as soon as possible following the accident.
- Ensure that a written account of the accident is recorded in the Accident Book. Check the details of the entry for accuracy and detail.
- After obtaining medical attention, ensure that any written records of your medical notes are obtained. You may need to pay a fee to the medical practitioner for these. Keep a receipt if this is the case.
- Keep paper copies of any prescriptions that you have given and receipts for the purchase of them.
- If your injuries require a period of time off work, keep copies of fit notes and ensure that they are passed to your employer promptly.
- If you require physiotherapy or outpatient services, then ensure that any costs are paid and receipts are retained.
What types of injury can be claimed for if I use the solicitors in Hadham?
Any injury that occurred whilst you are working, which was caused by an accident or incident that wasn’t your fault and which occurred within the last 3 years may be claimed for, including:
- soft tissue injury
- bleeding and lacerations
- broken, fractured or dislocated bones
- neck injury
- facial injury
- head injury
- spinal injury
- brain injury
- loss of limb
- fatal injury
How do I find out if I am able to make a claim for a work related injury?
Simply call the Accident Advice Helpline’s telephone helpline. Their team of friendly advisers can answer your call and advise you of your entitlement to make a personal injury compensation claim.Open Claim Calculator
Once you are in possession of the correct no obligation information about making a personal injury compensation claim, then it is left up to you to decide if you wish to proceed.
Their team of highly experienced and capable injury solicitors in Great Hadham can process all aspects of your claim on your behalf on a no win no fee* basis.