Thankfully, the law in the UK says that if you are injured in an accident that you were an innocent victim of, then the person responsible should pay you compensation.
If this has happened to you then contact the solicitors in Ferryhill at Accident Advice Helpline, so they can assist you in making an injury claim.
Having an accident at work may mean you can use the solicitors in Ferryhill
Whether you have a slip, trip, or fall at work or any other accident for that matter, you are not alone as this is one of the most common accidents to occur in the workplace.
If you work in construction, then you may fall from a great height, which could injure you quite badly.
There are rules and regulations to try to avoid falls at work
In the HSE rules and regulations, there is a part which says about the prevention of a fall at work. For instance:Open Claim Calculator
- Employees have a duty not to put himself or herself or any one else in danger.
- Employees must use any safety equipment the employer provides.
- The employer must assess the risks involved, and address any risks found.
- The employer must make sure that all floors are in a good, suitable condition, and that they are free from any obstructions to enable people to move around safely.
- The employers, wherever possible, should minimise the amount of work that has to be carried out at height.
- Employers, so far as is reasonably possible, must protect the health and safety of all employees, and anyone that is affected by their work including steps to control slips, trips and falls.
There are things that you, the staff member, can do to avoid a fall at work
There are lots of different things that an employee you should do to try to avoid a fall at work from happening.
- If you see a spillage make sure it is cleaned up
- If you see an obstruction make sure it is moved
- If you are given protective clothing, look after it and wear it
- Play your part and keep your workplace tidy
- Take great care when working at height
- If you see any damaged floors or mats report it to your employer
Accident Advice Helpline
If the employer and employee have taken all preventative measures, and an accident still happens, providing the fall was not your own fault, you may be entitled to make a personal injury compensation claim, using the solicitors in Ferryhill.
Accident Advice Helpline are the experts in dealing with these matters for you.
We have great experience in all types of personal injury compensation claims including falls at work.
So for expert legal advice about a possible claim call Accident Advice Helpline today on: 0800 689 0500 from a landline or: 0333 500 0993 from a mobile.