How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Solicitors in Drymen

    Receiving Injections

    If you have had an accident, or need to have an immunisation, or are going under anaesthetic, then you may need to get an injection.

    Most people don’t particularly like injections, and this can make it difficult for the doctor to do what they need to do. If you are afraid of getting injections, you should try to remember that it is only a short moment, and that nothing bad is going to happen to you. Here are some other tips on getting your injection:

    • Avoid looking at the needle. If you are looking at the needle coming towards you then your anxiety will spike as it comes towards you and this can make you panic, and may even make the pain much worse. Many people don’t feel pain immediately if they don’t know it has happened yet, and this works with injections as well.
    • Tell your doctor you are concerned. If your doctor knows that you are scared of injections then they can help you through it and will be more caring and understanding towards you. They may be able to give you a little more time to get used to the idea before they go ahead.
    • Relax. Although this may seem impossible, a tight, tense arm will feel more pain than a relaxed one. Put your arm down against the table and relax it as much as you can, looking away so that you don’t tense up as the needle comes towards you.
    • Breathe deeply. Breathe in deeply before the needle reaches you, then exhale slowly as you are getting your injection. This keeps you calm and should minimise the pain.

    When to use solicitors in Drymen

    If you feel that your doctor has been negligent in their care of you, and caused your injuries or illness to get worse as a result of this then you may be able to claim compensation against them for medical negligence. Medical negligence cases are more common than you may think, and a doctor has to expect them if they do not act accordingly when presented with a problem.

    In order to find out whether you have a case or not, it is best to find solicitors in Drymen who can talk you through it. Call Accident Advice Helpline on 0800 689 0500 to speak to the friendly, helpful team about your the claims process and how likely it is that your claim will be successful.

    The team will talk you through your case, and pass you over to our solicitors in Drymen if they feel that your case is valid. Your solicitors in Drymen will work on a 100% no win no fee basis to get you the compensation you deserve, and will keep you updated as your claim progresses.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Date Published: 22nd March 2014

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.