How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Solicitors in Basildon

    Solicitors in Basildon

    You can take your pick of solicitors in Basildon. There are a fair few of them, and all of them address different legal requirements that a person may have. There could be many reasons why you have looked for solicitors in Basildon. This article may be useful to you if you need the services of solicitors in Basildon after falling, tripping or slipping in a public place.

    Could personal injury solicitors in Basildon help you?

    Have you slipped, tripped or fallen somewhere in Basildon? If so, you did the right thing looking for solicitors in Basildon online. You may think that if you slip, trip or fall somewhere in a public place there is nothing that you can do about it but that couldn’t be further from the truth. You can start a personal injury claim. The same applies if you are hurt in a building open to the public such as a shop, cinema, or bar.

    When you are hurt outdoors

    Let’s suppose you trip over on some loose paving on the street and break a limb. If that happens to you, then you can start a personal injury claim against your local authority. People pay council tax so that the roads and pavements in their municipality are well maintained. It is the responsibility of the local authority to make sure that the council tax people pay is spent on maintaining the roads and pavements we use to move from A to B. If you hurt yourself because the local authority has neglected its responsibility, you are well within your rights to sue them.

    When you are hurt in a public building

    What happens if you slip on a wet surface within a building frequented by the public, and you suffer a head injury? If there was no warning about the floor being wet, then you can claim against the insurance of the company that own that particular building.

    Deciding on help

    There are many firms that can help to sue in the event of slips, trips and falls, or any other type of personal injury. One of the most renowned personal injury law firms is Accident Advice Helpline. We have been processing personal injury claims and winning them on behalf of clients since the year 2000. We only employ no-win, no-fee* solicitors who care passionately about winning cases for clients that deserve justice.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Do you have any questions?

    If you would like to ask questions relating to a personal injury claim or Accident Advice Helpline, contact one of our friendly advisors via our helpline on 0800 689 0500 from a landline, or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile.

    Date Published: 16th May 2014

    Author: Claire Billips

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.