Your guide to using solicitors in Thaxted
Have you been toying with the idea of making a claim for compensation by using the services of solicitors in Thaxted, or any other town or city in the UK? If so, you have come to the right place here. We understand that you may be feeling confused about the process and what you really need to know, and for this reason, you might be delaying when it comes to making big decisions that could push your case forward.
Read this information here before you do anything else regarding finding solicitors in Thaxted.
The medical assessment process
You may have to undergo an official medical assessment. This can be stressful when you’re not sure what to expect, but we can assure you that it’s much more simple than you first think. Here’s what you need to know:
- You will be asked if you give your permission for the appointed doctor to see your medical records. This involves the signing of a document so that the assessing practitioner can fully see your medical history and discover any existing complaints you may have
- You will attend your appointment which will normally be at a private clinic near your home. You will be asked a series of questions about your injury and what medical conditions you already have. You will then be given a thorough examination which will last up to twenty minutes. This is not the time to be shy and you shouldn’t understate or overstate your injuries
- A report is generated that is entirely confidential and will not be released to anyone without your permission
- Your doctor produces a medical report that is passed on to your solicitor, and this will include the length of time your doctor thinks it will take you to recover and the treatment you may need to receive
- The report is then used as evidence by your solicitor in making your compensation claim
The report is vital to the final outcome of your claim so it is important that you are totally honest when it is being produced.
Accident Advice Helpline
Having an experienced provider is essential when making your claim through solicitors in Thaxted or any other area. Still searching for the right one? Try Accident Advice Helpline. We have over ten years of experience, and would be delighted to help you with your case. You can get started now by calling our advisors on 0800 689 0500 from a landline, or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile.
Date Published: 31st December 2014
Author: David Brown