If you are an employee of a small business you may be worried that you will not be able to make a claim for compensation if you are injured in an accident that was not your fault. Thousands of people are employed by small businesses in the UK and so you are not alone.
In fact, claims for compensation for personal injuries can be made against businesses of all sizes.
Small businesses have a duty to protect the health, safety and welfare of their employees in the same way as larger businesses. They are able to take out insurance policies to cover them for claims of this kind. They are a particular type of Employees Liability Insurance or Public Liability Insurance and they are sometimes called small business insurance policies. Here are the top 5 facts about small business insurance.
Small business insurance – top 5 facts
- If you are injured in an accident at work that was not your fault you may be able to claim compensation. You can claim for a wide range of injuries and for all sorts of accidents. You claim from the person or company that was at fault for the accident. The procedure for doing this is sometimes referred to as personal injury compensation.
- There is an easy way of starting a claim from a small business. You start by contacting a law firm called Accident Advice Helpline. They can guide you through the procedure. We can be contacted through our 24 hour helpline or via the web. Accident Advice Helpline have a wealth of expertise in making small business insurance claims and will be able to give you down to earth advice.
- The claim will involve you providing details of how the accident happened. This may include recording where you were at the time of the accident, any machinery or equipment that you were using and any protective equipment that you were wearing. It may also be important to report whether you had received any training to carry out your job or whether you were being supervised.
- Small business insurance claims will vary. This is because the circumstances surrounding every claim and the details of every injury are different. For this reason, it is not possible to guarantee exactly how much money you will get or how much time it will take to completely resolve the case.
- Small business insurance claims are handled at Accident Advice Helpline by a team of personal injury lawyers. You will be allocated a personal injury lawyer to handle your case. We are experts in this type of claim and will handle all of the administration. Your case will probably be handled over the telephone and court appearances are rare.
Call us now on 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993.