Making a restaurant safe for employees and how to claim accident at work compensation if you have been injured
As an employer, you will always want to do the best you can to make your place of work comfortable and enjoyable for employees. Owning a restaurant means that you need to be even more careful about the way you design and police your place of business, as accidents are far more common and can be far more dangerous as well. Before you even open your restaurant, it is worth sitting down with all of your employees and working out a way to make the restaurant as safe as possible, based on their experiences and suggestions. Here are some other things you can consider as well.
- Keep employees to their areas. You shouldn’t have chefs wandering into common areas just as the waiters shouldn’t be spending undue time in the kitchen. Having staff in areas where they should not be is likely to cause accidents purely because they are not trained for these areas.
- Train staff properly. Make sure that no member of staff starts their job before they have had full training and demonstrated that they know what they are doing. On a busy night, an untrained member of staff could cause serious problems.
- Be strict. Staff should know that if they do flout any of the rules set out for them that you will not hesitate to punish or even fire them. This will stop staff members from attempting to flout the rules because they think that they can.
- Make sure staff have the right uniform. This includes any protective equipment they need to work around certain items in the kitchen, and to serve hot food without getting burned. Comfortable clothes and shoes will prevent other accidents.
- Have a hierarchy. Ensure that every staff member knows who they are reporting to, and that they do so throughout their shift. This is the best way to get important information out to individual staff members.
You should make a Sandwell accident at work compensation claim
You should make a Sandwell accident at work compensation claim if you have been injured in a restaurant that you work in. You should speak to your employer first, as they may be in a position to offer you compensation themselves, and will also need to work on making the restaurant safer in the future.
If your employer is not willing to offer Sandwell accident at work compensation, then call Accident Advice Helpline on 0800 689 0500, or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile to find out if you have a good case for compensation and how to move forward with a claim. You will work with an experienced personal injury solicitor, who will work with you on your behalf to get you the Sandwell accident at work compensation that you deserve.