This short article should provide you with some useful information about claiming compensation for your Salford accident. If there is anything else you would like to know, please call our helpline on 0800 689 0500 from a landline or dial 0333 500 0993 from a mobile and one of advisors will be happy to help you.
Personal injury compensation
- Personal injury compensation is an amount of money awarded to someone who has been injured in an accident that wasn’t their fault.
- You can claim personal injury compensation for any injury or illness, physical or psychological.
- Compensation can either be ordered by a court of law, or an agreement can be reached out of court between the parties involved.
- The sum awarded is non-taxable.
- Personal injury claims also take into account any financial losses that your Salford accident may have caused you.
You can claim compensation for a Salford accident that happened:
- At work;
- On the road;
- As a result of inadequate medical care;
- At home as a result of using a faulty product or service;
- On holiday; or
- In a public place.
You have three years from the date of your accident (or from the date on which you realised that you were injured or unwell) in which to file your claim for compensation.
How you can help your claim
There are several things you can do to help your solicitor with your claim:
- If applicable, taking photos of your injuries and, if possible, the accident scene;
- Ensuring that you have seen a doctor about your injury or illness, so that it is noted in your medical record;
- Keeping a log of any monetary losses that your Salford accident has caused you;
- Writing an account of your accident while it is still fresh in your mind; and
- Reporting the accident to the relevant authority. Depending on the nature of your Salford accident, this could be the police, a healthcare trust, a council, a business, or your employer.
How we can help
We can provide you with an injury lawyer who will work on your claim under a no win no fee contract. Because our solicitors don’t get paid unless you do, you can be 100 per cent confident that he or she will be working their hardest to make sure that your claim is a success. Our lawyers always work their hardest to get the best compensation packages possible.
As well as our lawyers, we also have a 24-hour helpline which is staffed by fully trained and sympathetic advisors, who can give you all the help and support that you may need prior to you filing your claim.
To talk to us about your Salford accident, or for any more information about personal injury compensation, call our helpline now on 0800 689 0500 from a landline or dial 0333 500 0993 from a mobile.
To confirm whether or not you are eligible to claim compensation, and for an estimate of how much you may be owed, use the 30-second compensation calculator on our website.
Date Published: 27th June 2014
Author: David Brown