If you are looking for expert legal help in Rushmoor, there are several things that you can do to make sure that any claim you make for personal injury compensation is a success.
- The first thing you should do, while everything is still fresh in your mind, is to write an account of your accident. You’d be surprised how details can slip your mind, especially if you would rather they didn’t! That detail may be important, so jot it down; this may not be a pleasant task, but you can keep it relatively brief.
- If you know or suspect that a law has been broken, then report the accident to the police. Perhaps yours was a road accident in which the driver was speeding, or over the alcohol limit. If you don’t know, report it anyway — it won’t hurt to do so.
- In a similar vein, if your accident happened because of negligence or a failure in someone’s duty of care, write a letter of complaint to those responsible. For example, if you tripped over uneven paving, this was probably the fault of your local council. If you slipped on a spillage in a supermarket, then write to their head office.
- If possible and applicable, take photos of the accident scene, and of your injuries if they are visible — something that is much easier with camera phones — and if there were any witnesses to your accident, take their contact details as well.
- If you didn’t receive medical treatment for your injury or illness, make an appointment to see your doctor, even if you feel okay – your injury may get worse, which is often the case with back problems and muscular injuries. Hopefully it won’t, but your doctor’s visit will be on your medical record, which a court may ask to see.
- Keep a log of any costs or financial losses arising from your accident. If you are unsure if something will belong on a claim form or not, write it down and ask about expert legal help in Rushmoor. Your solicitor will be able to offer further advice when you claim. Among the things for which you can definitely claim are lost earnings, childcare costs, costs to replace damaged clothing or personal items, travel expenses, and private medical treatment.
Doing any or all of the things on the list above will help you if you decide to claim personal injury compensation, but if you haven’t done any of these things – perhaps because your accident happened some time ago – then don’t worry, as your solicitor will be able to help you fill any of the gaps. That’s what you get from us – expert legal help in Rushmoor.
Expert legal help in Rushmoor
You have three years from the date of your accident in which to file a claim for compensation.
If you would like us to help you make that claim, then we can provide you with an injury lawyer who will work under a no win no fee contract. To talk to us about your accident, call 0800 689 0500.