Road traffic accidents in Stockport

Calling for ambulance after an accident.

Stockport is a town in the area of Greater Manchester, whose name comes from the merging of two Old English words, ‘stoc’ meaning market place and port, which at that time meant a small settlement in a clearing in a wood. It might also mean a fortified place within a wood. Stockport was probably founded because it offered an important fording point of the River Mersey. In 1260 the town was granted the right to hold a weekly market on Fridays and an annual fair, although historians believe that markets would have been held there well before the granting of this charter. Stockport was one of the northern mill towns which flourished in the Industrial Revolution, making cotton and silk. Hats were also made in Stockport for four hundred years or so, with the last hat factory closing in 1997.

Road traffic accidents in Stockport

Have you been injured in one of the road traffic accidents in Stockport? Did it involve one or more motorised vehicles? If it did then both the police and an ambulance should have been called to the scene. The police will try to find out how the accident was caused and when they have concluded their investigation, they will write a report. If you are to make a personal injury compensation claim then you need this report (or a copy of it). You must also have your medical report which shows that you had treatment for your injuries shortly after the accident occurred.

Of course there are many road traffic accidents in Stockport which don’t involve motorised vehicles, but if anyone is injured, it is a good idea to call the police to the scene.

If you have been unfortunate enough to have been injured in one of the road traffic accidents in Stockport, you may be considering making a personal injury compensation claim, but perhaps you are unsure about the validity of your claim?

Can I make a claim for my injuries?

If you can prove that you were not to blame in any way for the accident in which you were injured, and also prove that another person was responsible for it, you might be entitled to make a personal injury compensation claim. However, call us at Accident Advice Helpline to find out if you still have time to make your potential claim, as although you usually have three years to file a claim, this is not always the case.

Accident Advice Helpline

For information about your potential personal injury claim, call us at Accident Advice Helpline at any time, even on Bank Holidays, as our freephone lines are always open. From a landline call 0800 689 0500, or from a mobile, call 0333 500 0993. For legal advice from the experts why not call us now?

  • Was this Helpful ?
  • Yes   No

How much you could claim?

Two QUICK ways to find:
  1. Call us at 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from your mobile OR
  2. Use our Claim Calculator

Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

Claim Calculator
Find out in 30 seconds how much YOU could claim...
  • Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Terms and Conditions*Required

Can I Claim?

Esther says "The law states that if you’ve been injured and someone else is to blame, you are entitled to compensation." Read more >

Claim Calculator ► Accident Types ►

How Much Could I Claim?

It only takes 30 seconds to find out how much compensation you could receive. Take the 30 second test now.>

30 Second test ► Claim Form ►

Why Choose Us?

"When they say they are 100% no-win, no-fee*, they mean it. I would recommend Accident Advice Helpline to anybody." Read more >

No-Win, No-Fee*? ► Testimonials ►

Claim Now

"They were ever so professional ... they knew exactly what I was going through ... I received over £4500." Read more >

Claim Form ► Call Me Back ►
Is there anything wrong with this page? ( Help us Improve )