How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you receive medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • **Required

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Road and pavement defect claims

    100% No-Win No-Fee*

    Road and pavement defect claims

    Who is to blame if you catch your heel in a cracked paving stone and fall, injuring your ankle? Who’s at fault if you trip on a damaged kerb and sprain your wrist as you fall? Whose responsibility is it to keep our roads and pavement free of defects and safe to use? This usually falls to the local authority for your area, and so if you have been injured after an accident on a road or pavement in a town, city, village or anywhere else, you may find that you’re able to make a claim for compensation. Road and pavement defect claims are something that Accident Advice Helpline sees a lot of, and we have experience handling these types of claims – in fact, we have been helping people claim compensation since 2000.

    How much compensation is payable for road and pavement defect claims?

    If you have been injured due to defective roads or pavements in your area, or whilst visiting another area, then you could find yourself in line to make a compensation claim. You may have been injured after a slip or trip, or a road defect could have caused a bike, motorbike or car accident which has left you injured. It’s the local authority’s responsibility to ensure that members of the public can use roads and pavements safely, which is why it is up to them to repair any defects promptly. Road and pavement defect claims could be made for the following types of injuries:

    • Sprained wrist or ankle after tripping on a damaged pavement or kerb
    • Head or facial injuries after a fall
    • Road traffic accident injuries such as whiplash, broken bones and crush injuries – for example if a pothole caused a car or bike accident
    • Broken bones from catching your heel in damaged paving stones

    These are just a few examples of the types of injuries you could sustain – and you could actually suffer serious injuries after a trip and fall. The amount of compensation you’ll get can vary, but you could take the 30-second test on our website right now for an idea of what you could be entitled to.

    Get in touch today

    Why not pick up the phone and call Accident Advice Helpline on 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile today, to see if you have a viable claim and get advice from our experts? Our personal injury lawyers work on a 100% no-win, no-fee* basis, so you don’t need to worry about upfront legal fees when making a claim with us.

    Category: Slips, Trips and Falls Claims

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading name of Slater and Gordon UK Limited, a company registered in England & Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 125 446 327, registered office 50/52 Chancery Lane, London WC2A 1HL and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority and authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority for insurance mediation activity.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.