How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Road accident in West Yorkshire

    How to avoid insurance disagreements after an accident

    Sadly it is all too common for there to be insurance disagreements after an accident, particularly if one or other of the parties disagrees with whose fault the accident was. In some cases it will be perfectly clear who was at fault in the accident, but in others the lines may be a little more blurred, in which case the party at fault is more likely to refuse to admit fault and pay out on their insurance. Here are some things you can do to avoid this type of argument.

    • Get your own evidence. At the scene of the accident, take photos with a disposable camera or your camera phone to show what the scene looked like and what the damage was. It is difficult for someone to deny something that there is actual photographic proof of.
    • Exchange information with the other driver. The only way you are going to be able to claim insurance from the other driver is if you have their details to do so. Make sure that you exchange information at the scene so that you don’t have to try to track them down later.
    • Go to a doctor. A good way to get insurance paid out on your injuries is to get to a doctor and get a medical assessment which clearly states what your injuries were and the healing process that you are likely to go through. This will help to back up your claim later.
    • Use a solicitor. Get a solicitor to handle your case and they will be able to tell you when something is not right or if the other party is stalling for time.

    Compensation from a road accident in West Yorkshire

    After your road accident in West Yorkshire you may want to claim compensation back from the person who was at fault, and to do this it is best that you find yourself a really good personal injury lawyer who will work with you and on your behalf to put together a compensation case which has a better chance of being successful.

    Call Accident Advice Helpline on 0800 689 0500, or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile to speak to the team about your road accident in West Yorkshire. They will be able to talk you through your road accident in West Yorkshire and help you to decide whether or not you are going to be able to put together a strong case for a successful claim.

    You are under no obligation to proceed after this phone call but, if you do decide to go ahead, you will be passed over to an in house injury lawyer who can make a start on your claim. Your injury lawyer will work entirely on your behalf, so you shouldn’t have to go to court, and will keep you updated as your claim progresses.

    Date Published: 20th March 2014

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.