Drive safely through a dangerous neighbourhood
From time to time, you will have to drive through an area which is less desirable than others. This does not necessarily mean that you will run into trouble, as long as you keep your wits about you and take steps to be safe. Dangerous neighbourhoods are only a risk to you if you take risky moves, otherwise you can reach your destination safely with no trouble.
- Plan your route. If there is a way to plan your route so that you do not have to drive through the most dangerous areas then do this. Otherwise, plan your route carefully so that you know exactly where you are going and how long each part of the journey is going to take.
- Lock your doors and close your windows. It is important that you have the car locked down as much as you can, as in dangerous areas one of the things which can happen is that a thief or attacker will jump into your car or reach in when you are stopped at traffic lights. Make it difficult or impossible for them to do this.
- Stay on main roads. At all costs, you should be avoiding the back streets so that you are always in plain view of other vehicles, shops and houses.
- Drive at a good pace. Never drive too slowly in a dangerous area as it can attract the attention of people who would want to harm you or steal from you. Do not speed, but keep a decent pace until you are through to the other side.
- Don’t stop. Even if you feel that you are lost, try to keep driving until you reach somewhere which feels safer, so that you can check your map or directions from there.
If you do have a road accident in Thurrock
If you run into trouble in a bad area and are involved in a road accident in Thurrock which is the fault of another driver then you may be able to claim compensation back for any damage to your vehicle and injuries you may have sustained.
The best way to do this is to use an injury lawyer, who will know the law better than you do and be able to put together a case which is more likely to be successful. Call the Accident Advice Helpline on 0800 689 0500, or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile to speak to the team about your road accident in Thurrock.
The team will talk you through what happened in your road accident in Thurrock to help you decide whether you have a good enough case to make a successful claim or not. If you do then you will be passed over to an in-house personal injury lawyer, who will work on a 100% ‘no win, no fee’ basis to get you the compensation you deserve. Your lawyer will also work entirely on your behalf, so you should not have to face the other driver in court.